cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to update an infotype through other infotype

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i have created a custom infotype 9013, i want to create or update a record in infotype 759 whenever the user enters some data into 9013 infotype. i have tried many options like creating a function module for updating the infotype etc but nothing worked. i dont want to use dynamic action as it does not support BDC please suggest.

Regards,

Santosh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kiran,

I have tried all the options given by my friends above but nothing has worked out, hence i have not closed it yet.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try the SUBMIT option? ie.. put the function call HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION to save 0759 in a custom report & SUBMIT that reprt from your Custom Infotype.. It worked perfect for me ie the SUBMIT approach even via Dynamic Actions.

~Suresh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suresh,

Thanks a lot yaar, first of all let me apologize for the delayed response, i was away from my work for a very long time, i'm really sorry for that. I tried your suggestion to submit a report and wrote the infotype update code in that report, and it worked fine. i have also rewarded points. Thanks a lot suresh.

hi pranesh,

You suggestion is also good, it's a work around but ofcourse was a helpful answer, the solution given by suresh actually takes care of all the scenario's,

I have also rewarded points for your answer, Thank's a lot to all my friend's in the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sanrtosh

one way is to have dynamic action for manual use & code to update 759 in background in BDC of 9013.

a wrong way would be upade pa0759 in your PAI

but this is a risky method as it wont delimit old records , you will need to take care of delimiting in your code .

if you press enter or some error /validations occur then your PAI would be called again & so code to update 759 resulting in duplication of records & you will go weird with results.

so prefer dynamic action for manual & extra code in BDC of 9013

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

Why don't you close this thread if you got answer.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Reward points are appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jay/kiran/suresh.

thanks for ur replies,

jay, i understad what you want to covey, i have written the code in PAI event,

and the result of it is, even though HR infotype operation FM executes with out any errors in the return parameter, the data does'nt get stored in the database table PA0759, but the data gets stored in some intermidiate buffer and is shown in the list screen of PA30 (infotype 759 )

to make it clear i will put it in this way,

the user maintains it 9013, a message appears 'RECORD CREATED', now without getting out of PA30 if we look 759 infotype, the list screen of the infotype shows the data that needed to get populated, now we goto se11 and look into table PA0759, there is no data present here, hence now if we restart PA30 transaction we wil not find any data even in the list screen of PA30 (infotype 759)

Suresh, i already tried the option you have suggested, creating a custom wrapper FM which in turn which in turn will use 'HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION' with/without background task, but the results are the same.

Kiran, i need to check whether BDC supports if we use action 'F'. i wll definately try this out.

Thanks for all ur replies friends.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

It looks like the work done or the changes made to IT0759 is not getting Committed. COMMIT_WORK might be the option to be looked at.

Regards

Jay Gandhi

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a custom wrapper fm arond HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION & call it from 9013 PAI as a background task.. this will work both from Dynamic Action & the Infotype User exit..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the infotype 9013's Technical Attributes and Infotype Characterstics with standard infotype, you make sure to check the check box (ON) Text Allowed for your custom infotype.

I would like to check one thing, are you loading any data using BDC through PA40? Or updating manually. Manual way Dynamic action will work fine, but if you use BDC for loads...mostly it is not support (still issue at SAP).

Apply the logic if you do loads, it will help you. Use Dynamic actions for manual process.

Let me know if you need any more.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

i would like to further information on Dynamic Actions could your please

let me know .........

Thanks & Regards

Ravikiran & Kiran Gajjala

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will send you an email with all details, provide me your email address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran Pottti

please do send me a copy of the documents to my id ask well please

ravi_kiran10@yahoo.com

regards

ravikiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

To Update any one infotype while maintaining another infotype , I believe Dynamic Action is the only suitable option avialable. But since u want to make use of BDC, in Dynamic Actions , u may need to make use of Action F (access for internal or external routines) .

If this does not work out for u and since ur requirement is that while the User is maintaining the CUSTOM Infotype 9013 , u want to update the Infotype 759, I think it can easily done by making the changes within the abap coding done for IT9013 (in the event PAI) . If u have technical abap background, u can easily understand what i mean. If not, talk to ur abaper. Tell him, that in the PAI Event for Infotype 9013 , u need to modify the current code to include the changes to update the Infotype 759 when the record of Infotype 9013 has changed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay Gandhi