cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport assigned repository content changes in PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have assigned content reposiorywith the storage type in golden client (200) . MY dev (300) is a cross client and displayed the changes which i made in (200) after transporting the request in DEV (300). but these assigned changes are not coming in QA or PRD. I have done 3 times created Transport request and transported in QA and PRD but all my efforts was in vain.

please tell me what are the other ways around to transport beside system modifiable.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you create request for the storage type? If you don't select the records you have created & assigned to request it will not be assigned to the request. Even if you release also it will not have any effect in production. Whenever changes we make in table control(SPRO) to transfer these changes as transport request the above procedure to be followed.

You need select the records you want to transport & then choose transport. Here assign the relevant request or create a new request & assign the relevant package.

To check whether the changes are captured in the request/task, goto se09 & navigate to the task & see the object is being shown. If it is shown then if you release it will updated into QA or PRD else there will be no changes release to QA or PRD.

Hope this clears your problem.

regards,

JP

Edited by: jpnaidu on Apr 13, 2010 1:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you check the Transport Request is imported? Is the whole process done correctly?

you need to relase the request. you need to assign project to the request while creating a request.

go to PRD system and Import it with help of BASIS consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked all the steps were ok and objects was there in the transport request. i created TR 3 times and i selected the line in which storage type was assigned with repositiry and included that request in the TR but no vain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shahab Bhai,

Do customizing again on your DEV and then transport the said customizing. Seems like there is some file which is causing problem getting transported.

What i am saying above, is to delete the old customizing and redo it.

Other way around, is to get the QAS/PRD customizable for a while and do your customizing there manually. This is in worst case scenario though.

CHEERS

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Apr 13, 2010 6:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afshad

I have already done this and as i mentioned earlier that I am looking for some other way around beside the system modifiable sure this is the last option for me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afshad

I have already done this and as i mentioned earlier that I am looking for some other way around beside the system modifiable sure this is the last option for me.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afshad

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afshad

Thanks