cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Stop retro accounting while PY Processing

Former Member

Hi experts,

I am facing one problem while payroll processing, system is taking retro calculation I have check IT003 u2013Earliest MD change all very think its blank, but still system considering retro calculation, currently I am working on international payroll. Pls. help me out

Thanks,

YUV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam hoping you wanted to know how to stop retro accounting while processing payroll.

My below response is based assuming that payroll results (start pay run) has been created already for the period referred.

Back ground information:

Usually retro active accounting takes place due to master date changes updated for periods for which payroll has been completed i.e payroll past.

Whenever such date changes are updated, IT 3 will get auto updated with master date change dates fileds "Master data change bon"" and "earliest master data change ". System recognises through this dates in IT 3 that that payroll should retro to this dates in subsequent payroll.

However this dates are cleared off once the payroll is run and results are updated in Data base.

Best practise is to identfy why system is retroing to see if any data has ben updated in payrol past and see if the results are correct as per the date existng in the system. Retro is to be stopped only if there is any payroll calculation issue.

For your issue:

You will have to check below.

Firstly check if payroll results have been created. You can check this through transaction "PC_PAYRESULT".

If results exists for the period you are running, then you cannot stop the system from retroing unless you delete the payroll results.

To delete the payroll results, Use PU01 and delete the payroll results for the current period for which you are running the payroll. (Make sure you put the control record in correction mode before you start to delete the results.

Once results are deleted system will put back the retro dates in IT 3. Delete the dates manually and then run the payroll. System now will not retro to previous periods.

NOTE: Do not change earliest retro accounting periods in control record. It wlll affect all employees.

This date is to control the effective date till which the emplyees in respective payroll area are allowed for retro accouting.

when we are aling about retro run for one employee then its all to do with IT 3 dates.

Cheeers.

Edited by: Sucharitha Reddy on Nov 23, 2008 6:13 PM

Edited by: Sucharitha Reddy on Nov 23, 2008 6:14 PM

Edited by: Sucharitha Reddy on Nov 23, 2008 6:16 PM

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for one employee or entire Employees.

If on employee Update the Payroll Status Using PU03.

IT0003- ui can see there do not account

For entire employees u can go thru Schema modifications deactivate the retro in PY schema.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good explanation given by suchitra appriciated

1. Make sure that u have not posted ur pay results to fico

if u posted u cannot delete the results in clusters

if u have not posted than re run live pay roll for that employee who is getting retro ( i think u have checked IT003 but not luck ) so inthese case do wht i suggested and set the control record according to that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with RPUTRBK00 in se38

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Only IT3-Earliest Mater Data Change field sometimes not sufficient. Fill IT3--Earliest Personal RA date field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ali,

I belive you will be having only Personnel Retroactive account date in IT 0003.

Other date will be in control record only

isn't it ? if i am wrong please correct

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yadav,

What prince said is absolutely right.

There no differnce in the funda

But only thing you need to make sure in control record you will be having two date paroll date and retroative date you need to make sure that both the dates are some if you want sytem not to got for retro for any time any other employee too.

And also change the earliest retroactive date in IT0003

Best Regards

former_member214675
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have made the retro active date as current payroll month in control record

In addition to that u have to change the earliest retro active date and earliest master data change in

as the current payroll month.

If u change for all the emplyoee for the given payroll area ,u can use this program RPUTRBK0

Regards,

Prince Elvis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

This functionality perfectly working in IN-PY , I have done 2 implementation I never come across this issues, in international is there any thing diff.??

thanks,

Abhijeet

former_member214675
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think any difference for this functionality,for indian and internation payroll.This concept is unique for all the payroll.Whether u have tried earliest retro active date and master date change for atleast for one emp .Definetly it will work.

Regards,

Prince Elvis

former_member214675
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You maintain the earliest retro active date ,earliest master date let that date be your current payroll month start date .

I have one more query to u .You don't need retro calculation itself in u r scenario.In that case comment the subschema innr.

Regards,

Prince Elvis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi check you dates in the control record and also try to enter current payroll period date in the earlies master data field and try simulation run and check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha/Prince,

our control records date is current month only...but still its guing for retro..

Edited by: Yuvraj Yadav on Nov 23, 2008 11:20 AM