cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to simulate asset transaction in future

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

can someone advise how to simulate posting of transaction i.e. in next year? I mean in asset explorer simulation is not possible unless you have the period opened for posting in FI.

Is it possible without opening the period i.e. for year 2010 ? Or is there any other way how to calculate future depreciation amount for example for year 2010 with subseq. acquisition in 11/2009. Do hope there is some program in SAP, or do you know some external tool i.e. via Excel...?

Thank you for answers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Javed, in AR18 you can simulate only depreciation, not transaction

thanks Shankar,

in AW01N when you swith to Simulation mode, you can simulate transaction only in opened period for posting (usually current month) I would need to simulate transaction in future, i.e. in one year...Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is giving only warning message saying that the period is not opened. When you press Enter it is taking to simulation mode. I tried the same thing in my system.Kindly check it out.

Regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

you are right, when confirmed the simulation goes, but when entered the date mm.dd.2010 I got message:

AA347 - A fiscal year change has not yet been performed in Asset Accounting for company code xxxx.

Not sure if there is another possibility to process simulation in (next) closed year. Hope there is some tool I dont know about...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to AWO1N. Give your asset details. Then on the top click on "Swithon Simulation" (Icon with three blue dots and two red dots). Then in the planned values tab, down you can find the same type of icon "Trans.Simulation" Click on that. It will take you to Simulate asset transaction. There you can give the details and simulate the depreciation.

Regards

shankar

JavedKamal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can forecast the depreciation by using these report S_ALR_87012936 Depreciation on Capitalized Assets (Depreciation Simulation) by giving future report dates.

Regards

Javed