cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up the system to not allow to create a PO without a Preq????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone have an idea on how to set up SAP to NOT allow Purchase Order creation without referencing it to a Purchase Requisition?

My requirement is obviously to always create PO's with reference to a Preq but also when the PO is created, no changes should be allowed to that PO.

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards.

Julio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, go to OLME --> Purchasing --> Authorization Management --> Define Function Authorization for Buyers

Define a new parameter with name XX (01, 02,....two characters as you like)

In possible reference objects click "ref. to purchase requisition". SAVE

Assign parameter EFB with value XX to any user you want this restriction to affect.

Test it. That would let the user's with this parameter value not be allowed to create PO without reference to PR.

Best Regards,

Sebastián Ligueros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I already create the parameter you said, but I dont know how to asing tie parameter to the user, I get into the Function authorization: Purchase Order (in order to create the parameter) then I go back to the second option Mantain Users and in here I go to the parameter tab but I cannot find the parameter you said nor the one I have created.

Can you please explain a little more in detail. on how to assign the parameter to the user.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member824495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

G to SU01, Select tab 'Parameter'.

Now in parameter ID tab, maintain 'EFB' & & in parameter value column, enter the parameter which you have created.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also for prevent to change the entries in Po. you have to change the Field selection in PO sceen selection parameters in SPRO settings.

chenge the field settings for QTY & value in AKTH,ME22,ME22N.

then it won't allow to change.

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer Saminathan, but still have some questions

I have other quick question, in AKTH is for create, are you sure is this where I have to change or is there a change that I can change the settings at AKTV?

Maybe since my requirement is that the PO should get exactly the same data as the PR, maybe I need to make the changes in both AKTH and AKTV but also in ME21 and ME21N? but this will

Do you know the differences between AKTH and ME21-ME21N and between AKTV and ME22-ME22N??

And do you think is possible to force the PO creation with reference to the PR in this same settings but in reference Data item, marking the Purchase requisition as Required Data entry?? or is has to be as Sebastian explained above?

Thanks in advance,

Joules