cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sell electricity in SAP?

qichunbb
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm implementing SD module for an electricity company A, which has two customers one is state owned company B and the other is a school.

Company A produces electricity with Solar energy and signs a contract with company B, the contract contains price etc, but no exact amount or volume of electricity. Company B will sell electricity to all society.

As you know, electricity is a very special material, no stock, the first thing I need to consider is that what kind of material type to be used.

what about service material NLAG (non-stock)? or PIPE?

if we treat electricity as service material, once sales order is created, we can bill it immediately with no delivery required.

what are your ideas? what else should I consider in selling electricity in SAP SD?

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can have non-stock Materials (NLAG) for Electricity.

Heating can be a Service Materials (DIEN), where you can have Sales Order and Invoice with Delivery).

Thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

qichunbb
Explorer
0 Kudos

the information I can collected is all PIPE material procurement and consumption. but what I want is how to sell PIPE products such as electricity.

can anybody help?

mohdsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you see sap utility for help. It is hhelp ful you can take as pipe but be remember it should be mapped with custom material type

qichunbb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, let me collect more info and test in SAP.