cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule background job though FTP server file saving activity hourly basis

amolnamjoshi_1
Participant
0 Kudos

Background job hourly basis through File Zilla FTP server

I create one Z T-Code for warehouse stock transfer exel file to FileZilla FTP by giving FTP port, host, username, password in FileZilla.

Job working in foreground but background not working ( Means after executing Z T-Code file transferring in FileZilla but when

i schedule background SM37 file not transferring in file zilla.

please give any solution

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Filezilla ! Do you mean that you want your background job send the file to your personal laptop ?

SAP does not allow this because your laptop might be switched off when the job runs.

Why don't you make your program write the file to the SAP backend (ABAP statements OPEN DATASET, TRANSFER and so on), and use manually filezilla from your laptop to retrieve the file from the SAP backend?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please search, you will get lot of posting on it like these,

FTP Program Background Job not working

schedule job in background and ftp the data

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

amolnamjoshi_1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing links in my case foreground job working now

looking for hourly basis background job.

amolnamjoshi_1
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked all staus in SM37 job scheduled but file not transferring in FTP server.

Some SAP note is there for background job for FTP for file transferring one SAP note we maintained for Quality and prd server.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Amit_SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below points:

1. can you please check with Infra team whether you have authorization to access FTP folder?

2. Also check when in SAP you have scheduled Job in background, Is data getting updated ?

3. You can schedule a Job with SM36 with required Program name and variant

4. Kindly check Job Status with SM37

I hope this will help you...!!

Regards,

Amit

amolnamjoshi_1
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked all staus in SM37 job scheduled but file not transferring in FTP server.

Some SAP note is there for background job for FTP for file transferring one SAP note we maintained for Quality and prd server.