cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run depreciation process only for one depreciaon area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

My client needs reverse the current depreciation in one asset class and one depreciation area and after that run again the depreciation for prior periods but only affecting one depreciation area and assset class.

For the fist part of the issue, I am suggesting to change the depreciation key to 0000 in this particular asset class and run the depreciation a repeat mode. With this exercise we got to leave the deprecion area in cero.

But my problem now is how to run the depreciation just for one assey class and affecting only one depreciation key.

I try to do it using Manul depreciation or Unplanned depreciation but in both cases I did get to run only for one depreciaon key and apart of that when I run AFAB I can run the deprecaion in prior periods.

i really appreciate your ideas and advises

Thanks in advance

Briggithe Garcia Lopez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding your issue you change the depreciation key to '0000' then system will reverse whole depreciation amount on such assets. It would be better to go for unplanned depreciation for the assets. Then for your issue firstly kindly check the last posting period with repeat run that whether system is showing any assets to be posted or not. and once done then you do repeat run so the changes will be done only for that assets only.

Regards,

Malhar.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malhar

If depreciation is to be reversed and reposted again, then its better to change dep key to the desired dep key instead of Current Dep Key -> 0000 -> Desired Key

Dont you think so?

Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Briggithe

1. Identify all the assets under this asset class (Table ANLA)

2. Change the Dep Key to whatever new dep key you want..

3. Run AFAR for those assets

4. Run AFAB in REPEAT mode for the last depreciation posted period.. Here, you specify only those assets which are changed

Note that,

1. If the dep area does not post to GL, Step 4 is not needed

2. Changing dep key will impact all open periods in Asset Accounting.. If previous year is open, it will impact taht year as well

3. You cant go back and post in each individual previous period.. You can do a REPEAT run for the last period and entire dep will be posted in that Period (Provided the SMOOTHING indicator is not turned ON in OAYR)

Ajay M