Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove a gl account as a cost element in controlling area

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi finance experts,

May i know how to remove a gl account as a cost element in controlling area.actually i added one account yesterday through transaction fs00 but now i want to roll back.how to do it.

thanks in advance

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can delete the validity of the cost element - if u dont want to delete the transactions.

deletion of transactions and cost element is in spro.

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So changing validity is also through KA04 ?

i tried KA02 but validity fields were not editable.

thanks

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to go to KA02 then click Edit>Analysis period then click Other Analysis period and then give new period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete transaction data using OBR1, where you will select the check box "Delete CO data".

Please be aware that all financial data posted in the company code you choose will be deleted.

Also check that the company code is not set as Productive in:

Financial Accounting ->Financial Accounting Global Settings ->Company Code ->Set Company Code to Productive

Cheers.

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

one more problem,

my validity of the cost element is 01.04.2006 to 31.03.9999.

when i tried to change the validity to 01.04.2006 to 23.11.2008 through 'analysis period->choose other analysis period' and when saved it gave message that 'no changes were made', and no changes were made.

what is the possible cause?

thanks

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deletion is possible for entire financial years, and not selectively within years.

So you selection should be 01.04.2006 to 31.12.2008. Needless to say no transactional data should exist in the selected period.

Try and see.

Cheers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for all

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to KA04 and delete the cost element. Have you done any postings already to this account?

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes i have done some test postings, but in the development client.is that a problem .if yes, how can i roll back?

Thanks

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not possible because postings are already made to this cost element.

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, there are only three postings in this account done yesterday after i made it as a cost element.Can i remove the postings and delete the cost element.if yes, how?

thanks for reply,

Arjun

Edited by: Arjun Subhash on Nov 24, 2008 12:11 PM