cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pull inventory from a specific storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I wonder how can i determine which storage location should we pull the stock from ... We have a plant, warehouse and a storage lcoation (XX01) and now i need to create another storgae location (XX02) for the same plant warehouse... now when i create the order system pulls the componenets from same old storage location (XX01)... even though i have inventory in the new storage location ....can somebody guide me how to pull from new storage location. Thanks much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use MB52 Tcode to pull the inventory from the storage location.

Quantum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not talking about how to go and pull the inventory manually... i wonder when MRP and ATP run it should allocate inventory from new location ... My question is what triggers that to determine what location should we pull from. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samiaalis,

You have asked two different questions: MRP, and ATP. I don't really know what you mean by "pull from".

ATP can be configured to examine storage locations individually. This means that a requirement against XX01 can only be matched with a supply element against XX01. Without this configuration, ATP will default to "plant level", which means requirements against any storage location, can be filled by supply elements against any storage location. Config at OVZ9.

MRP (without MRP areas) will perform net requirements at the plant level generally. Storage locations are irrelevent, unless you have specifically excluded storage locations from MRP net requirements calculations. You can exclude a storage location from MRP relevance in the Material master (MRP4 tab).

If you are using MRP areas, it will generally use only the objects that you have defined for each MRP area (such as specific storage locations) to perform net requirements.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The storage location gets defaulted from the value maintained in MRP-2 view for Prod. Stor Location. This can also be maintained in production version & depending on the setting done in OSPK, the selection of storage location is done.

So in your case you need to decide from which SLoc you normally pick the parts from & default the value. You can do a change of the SLoc in the order if required.

For the ATP part, i guess the previous replies give you clarity.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to helpful hints from other experts, I would like to discuss on other three aspects:

1. MRP Run: This new storage loc is normally operated by production staff before issuing to production orders. Therefore, some planners do not want to include this stock in the MRP Run. You can do so by exclude the storage location from MRP (via configuration or material master - set to 1 - Storage location stock Excluded in MRP). Alternatively, you can plan your replenishment via MRP run by setting with reorder point concept. You can maintain reorder point and replenishment qty in MRP4 if you create at plant/stor.loc. level and set Sloc MRP indicator to 2 (Stor.stock planned separately). Then when you run MRP, if stor.loc.stock falls below reorder point, reservration to transfer (311 movement type) is created. This can be an alternative to the nex point I would like to mention.

2. Replenishment: If you want the production staff to plan replenishment themselves, you can use pull list (MF60). With the certain setting in the MF60 variant screen, you can create the transfer from store to prod.sloc. or create manual reservation. Pull list can combine requirements from many production orders, calculate net req. (prod.order reservation - current stock), and perform the replenishment for you.

3. ATP: Your ATP for component can be set to check the stock at the plant level instead of sloc.level by configuration. You cannot exclude some of sloc. if you check at plant level though.

In terms of material master setup, besides Prod.Sloc.Location in MRP2, you can maintain the stock determination group. Then, you can add more rules like first from consignment then own stock of sloc. A, then B, then C, for examples.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the help and info... I solved my issue by maintaining st loc in MRP 2 view and exclude old st.loc from MRP run in MRP 4 view... yes i also noticed we can change st.loc manually in the order itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

2 ways:

1) create default Storage location in MRP view as suggested by others

2) Do you mean to say - you want to create a Stock determination procedure? Details can be obtained from [http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/52/884696aaae11d1b55c0000e82de955/frameset.htm]

Thanks

Anil