cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process IDOC transaction (MIRO) in the foreground

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to get the automatic vendor invoice (part of the inter company sales process) working, but failed so far.

I am now at the process the incoming IDOC is processed but ends with an error 51. Every time I solve a problem a new error 51 appears. The question is, is it possible to carry out the transaction (I think it is MIRO, function module IDOC_INPUT_INVOIC_FI) in the foreground.

I tried with WE19 selecting the appropriate function module IDOC_INPUT_INVOIC_FI and execute in the foreground, but unfortunately it transferred the IDOC and that one ends with the same error 51 again.

So what I would like to have, suppose MIRO is used, it starts MIRO in the foreground and shows which data from the IDOC is entered and processed. In that way I can oversee all the possible errors at once.

By the way: At this stage I don't really know whether MIRO is used, because there is no Purchase order nor Goods receipt.How can I check which transaction is triggerd?

Regards kees

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there Polly and Jürgen,

Thanks both of you. The error message I have now is message 06019. I did have a look in the posts and there was some answers to that (ABAP code when this message appears). The message itself is called Document TestInterC doesnot exit. This text isn't in any segment. The only segments which contains a look alike are:

E1EDK02 QUALF 001 field BELNR "Test Intercompany"

E1EDP02 QUALF 001 field BELNR "Test Intercompany"

This field is the Purchase ord. no. field in the sales order overview (not a SAP PO, but the PO of the customer which is not in the system)

If you trim and truncate it "TestInterc" almost the same except for the c.

In this case I don't have a clue.

• But, the other questions remains. Is there a way, transaction to start with an IDOC and to end with the transaction to be processed with the data of the IDOC?
  • How can I determine which transaction is triggered.
PollyGan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Obviously, you have to debug in the IDOC as suggested in WE19, and to check where does system find the document "TestInterC". This is the simply way.

You can not simulate exactly the same in MIRO as in IDOC. IDOC is designed to pass necessary data to interface and finally generate the document. In online transaction, user can enter the data manually while in IDOC all the data is passed via external system.

Neverthless, you can simulate in MIRO, and enter the purchase order number(you should be able to get such information in WE02) and then to see if the same error can be replicated in MIRO or not.

Thanks and regards,

Polly

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Polly,

Thanks again. If there is no other way, then I will try to debug it. Looking into the function module I think MIRO isn't used but MR01 instead. Which might be logical since there is no SAP Purchase order since it is Inter Company sales.

Regards Kees

PollyGan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kees,

In MIRO, you can not execute IDOC forground.

You can use WE20 to check the IDOC data input, and then you can link it into invoice document

(RBKP/RSEG).

Normally, WE19 is the best way to test IDOC. You can debug the IDOC and stop at FM

IDOC_INPUT_INVOIC_FI to check the interface.

Thanks and regards,

Polly

former_member271718
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Polly,

Thanks for the reply.

What I mean is that somewhere from the I-DOC with the error, you jump into the transaction itself and the data from the IDOC is transferred to this transaction. In that way you can directly see what is wrong. Not all error messages of SAP is clear even sometimes misleading.

I know WE20 partner profiles, but I don't see how to link to the RBKP/RSEG. The process code I use is INVL.

PollyGan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry for typo, it should be WE02. You can check the detailed error message and data input.

Can you check it now? You should be able to see some data relevant to invoice header and item.

Thanks and regards,

polly

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you did not even tell what error message you have when the IDOC is in status 51.