cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open the FPM (pcuigp_xssfpm ) used in CATS application ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out in accessing the above mentioned FPM ( pcuigp_xssfpm ) as I am new to Java webdynpro and dont have working experience in FPM.

My actual requirement is to tweak a litle with the standard SAP ESS application CATS ( record working time ). But I could see the layout for the record entry page comign through the FPM. Hence need to access the FPM and check out if chnaging things here is possible.

Suggestions invited and would be rewarded.

BR,

Shrividya S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to make coding-based alterations to a WDYN based on Java, you'll need to use NWDI/NWDS. This would mean modifying the standard.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f6eb8e9e-0901-0010-8abb-cba5279db9b6

Is this what you wanted to know? I couldn't really read from your post whether you have already worked with this tool.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I  have worked on few custom Java webdynpro applications using NWDS. But, for the standard ESS application which uses FPM ( floor plan manager ) for its layout , I have no idea as to how to find where the FPM used in my Java webdynpro application is coming from.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

what you want to do with FPM?

can you explain your requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

I would like to know from where the actual layout for the record working time comes from as I can see in NWDS the containers inside the tabstrip for Week and Day empty. But all other buttons are through the Java webdynpro applications.

Also how would I have to check where the code for the standard functionalities, refresh, save as template etc are coming from as I can track it to some extent only as it was FPM based.

I have a doubt if the layout is coming from the backend. How would I have to check this.

SUggestions and help will be appreciated greatly !

BR,

Shrividya S

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ALl the ui comes from frontend code especially the buttons you mention

Check teh correct DC for CATS

check here

in method VdDoModifyView of

VcCatRecordEntryView in ess~cat.

You can read note 1516226 to see the steps how to work with CATS DC it has a attachement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

I am checking the component VcCatRecordEntry under the CATS DC. Please find below the screenshot of the view in this component where the buttons come from Java webdynpro but the table for time record entry seems to be coming through the FPM.

My doubt is that the code for the actions are also going through FPM.Hence for any enhancements, I would like to check the existing code on click on the " SAve as Template " action.Please clarify on this.