Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make stock to zero as we are selling the plant

murali_krishna81
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your assistance.

We are selling a plant to other party, and we need to make the stock to zero.

We need to consider qty posting and valuation posting, when making stock to zero

Could you please assist

Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello murali.krishna81

A plant sale is a rare event and you most probably don't have system process customized for that. First of all you need to align with the financial people - they need to decide how to post the stock movement during the plant sale. If the plant is sold together with its stock, then consequently you are selling this stock. So you need to post the stock issue to a cost of goods sold account. That account will have to be defined by the FI dept. The easiest way to post such with 291 movement type. It allows to enter stock offset account manually - again that offset has to come out of the FI dept.

If in contrast, you don't sell the stock along with the plant and will keep the stock in another plant, then follow the response of amruta_k.

If you have a lot items to post, consider automating the posting with LSMW and the BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE function.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

amruta_k
Participant

Hi,

You can transfer stock to another plant and then block all materials with plant status block.

Movement type 301 is used to transfer material from a storage location in one plant to a storage location in different plant.

The value of the material is transferred at the moving average price of the issuing plant.

Thanks,

Amruta

archanapillai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two options.

1) You can pass Physical Loss Entry

2) You can pass Damage /Scrap Entry.

Regards,

Archana P.

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that's a good advise. Both options don't hold water from financial perspective. If a plant is sold together with all the stock belonging to it, the stock is not lost (physical inventory) or damaged/scraped!

archanapillai
Explorer
0 Kudos

@3a9e4ce873a94034b33dc62b0ce600ee

Thank you Sir for correcting me. I will also check for movement 291.Regards,Archana P.