Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make layout variant as global

former_member594288
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue in production where layout was maintained as user specific and user not able to change the setting because it was disable in production (shared sample development screenshot) now as an abaper user is asking me is there any way to make user specific variant to global variant. Please suggest.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, you're asking "is there any way to handle" what exactly? You say it has been disabled, so what is your question?

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could be authorization issu, check SU53

former_member594288
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra, Thanks for the response. I am not able to make the layout variant as global because user specific checkbox is disabled but user wants to send these layout variants to some other users (we can say global).

View Entire Topic
raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either

• (Basis) You could provide your user the authorization to manage global variant (SU53 is your friend - S_ALV_LAYO / S_ALV_LAYR) so he will be able to share them.
  • (Abap) You could create a tool to copy ALV variants (e.g. with FM LT_VARIANT_LOAD and SAVE)

But before, did your user (forget to) add a "/" at start of variant name when trying to save it once 'user specific' box was unchecked.

former_member594288
Participant
0 Kudos

raymond.giuseppi I will check with basis team and let you know the outcome. Thanks.