cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make error message as warning message

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to make error message as warning message? ie i get error message hence cannot save the slaes order i want to make that error message as warning so that i can save the sales order please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunaina,

Use T-code OVAH and locate your message no. In the extreme Right you will see the coloumn "Category". Here select "W" for Warning and "E" for Error.

Hope the same helps you.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Thanks for the help I was able to solve the problem of making the error message as warning message. by going to img-material management-purchasing-environment data-define attributes of system message.then select define attributes here we can make it as error message or warning . may be this would be of some help to fresher like me .

thanks

Regards

Naina

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the incompletion log for items.GO TO VUA2 check the order type, whether I/C dialog is checked, if checked then remove that. you will be able to save the order.

Reward if helpful.

regards

pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If a message is a custom message, then by changing the message type from E(Error) to W (warning) we can convert the message type into error message. This is done with the help of development guy. A change in the code is needed.

If it is a standard message, then it depends on whether we have teh access to change the message type. If access is there, then it is possible to change the message from Warning to Error. i.e. If we are capturing std SAP message in our code and displaying then we can change it, else if SAP message is displayed directly, we cant change it.

So, to change it, capture the error message from SAP in some Zcode and then convert that message into a custom message of message type E.

The whole change needs ABAP support.

Try with tcode <b>OVA2</b> settings selecting for sales order or in SAPRO--SD-BF-Log of Incompletion Items

Message was edited by:

SHESAGIRI.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change this in sales document type settings. (Transaction -VOV8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check for ur incompletion log

regards,

Arunprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check VOV8 controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

please explain in steps would be thankfull cos am new to this