cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make equipment or FL mandatory on work order initial screen

former_member769664
Participant
0 Kudos

My user just want to make Functional location or Equipment to be mandatory , and he doesn't want to fill planning plant if there is no any equipment and functional location.

is there any configuration in sap ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayGS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

This would be a custom enhancement in my view.

Speak with your developer.

Regards,

Vijay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor

If all of you equipment have a functional location, then just make the functional location field mandatory inside of IW31/2.

If you have free-floating equipment (i.e. no floc), then you need a development as Vijay suggests above.

You can default the planning pland and business area via your user default values: IW32->Extras->Settings-Default Values.

PeteA

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's a couple of things to clarify:

#1 - If you have an order with blank equipment or FLOC, you MUST populate a plant. An order cannot exist without a plant. You could set up default values by creating a screen variant in SHD0 or by

#2 - As Peter says - if all of your equipment is installed in a FLOC, make the FLOC mandatory. If not, then you'll have to do an enhancement.

#3- If you populate a FLOC or an equipment record, SAP will automatically populate the plant which is associated to it. So, if you make the equipment or FLOC mandatory, you don't have to worry about defaulting the plant.