cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install advance layout designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have install XL reporter but not able to have Report Designer ? where to start it

Also which ever report i have create in XL is not convert to excel file ? (any add-in error it show)

please tell me all my query ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The title you specified to this thread 'how to install advance layout designer',this refers to one of the sap add-ons ALD(Advance Layout Designer).

But you have requested for XL reporter-Advance reporting.

For designing mode go to the: Tools menu in sap b1->XL Reporter(If xl reporter addon is already started)

The in the XL reporter window by default report composer will open.

Go to File->New->Report Definition,a new definition will be created.

Rt. click on the definition->Edit

This will lead to advance report builder.

By default the XL reports are opened in excel,you need to output file as '.xls' extension

The advance reporting mode has various options that can not be answered in a single thread.

Pls go through this link for [Exploring XL reporter|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000694132&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000183&_ADDINC=&_OBJECT=011000358700003553712006]

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i click on

Go to File->New->Report Definition after assign name it prompt me an error...

" A required COM addin program for XL has not been loaded and prohitbits MS excel from running"

gv me the soln for above error msg

Thanks

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is due to the com component is not loaded by default.

To overcome this error you need to manually add the COM component,check this note:[853343|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/smb_searchnotes/display.htm?note_langu=E&note_numm=0000853343|Manually Loading the XL Reporter Excel COM Add-In]

Answers (0)