Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the value string here ?

wpc863
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there~

I meet one case, when I post 101 by PO(converted from one SO triggered PR), it seems go to WE06.

I checked the CNS setting, and find item account assignment < doesn't maintain CNS indeed.

Some screenshot as bellow, look forward your guidance~

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Casper Wang,

Here WE06 in NOT triggered, instead, since it is an Account assigned purchase order ( Hope you have sales order no in acct assignment tab in PO),  the Txn keys KBS & WRX are triggered.

KBS- acct assigned PO,

WRX-GR/IR clearing.

KBS takes the account modification key from the definition of Account assignment category ( T Code : OME9) as shown in your above screen shot, it has taken the Account modifier ZIC & have found a G/L account for this, in combination with Valuation Grouping code & Valuation class.

Check your entries in the system in Txn: OBYC for ZIC/Val Class/VG, you can understand the same.

Thanks,

Kalai.

wpc863
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kalaiyarasan,

Thank for your reply.

You mentioned "Here WE06 in NOT triggered", I would disagree that, you can see KBS/WRX is belong to value string WE06.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Casper,

Sorry, yes you are right, KBS & WRX comes from WE06.

wpc863
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kalai,

Appreciate your help, From OMJJ screenshot, it seems derived WE01, but the actual example indicate it's WE06.

Look forward your reply, thanks~

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Casper,

In case of Account Assignment with the sales order, consumption key is determined from 'Requirement Type' of the Sales Order item. To find out that,

1. Get the Requirement Type in sales order procurement tab

2. Get the corresponding Requirement Class in OVZH

3. Check the value of "Valuation" in Account assignment block of the Requirement Class in OVZG

It may be blank in your case. That's why system determines the string WE06. If you change it to M, then system determines the string WE01.

By the way, you can check the value String in the table MSEG, field BUSTW.

Regards,

Asik.

wpc863
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Asik.

I think you are right. I've changed requirement class configuration, and it worked.

Could you share some knowledge, what is the situation that have high priority than OMJJ way to determination value string ?

thanks again~

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Casper,

System always finds the value string from OMJJ settings only. There is no second thought about that. But in case of non-valuated Sales Order, while doing the GR (101), you are telling the system to post the stock with zero value.

How can you post a valuated material to zero value? Answer is, SAP is simply using the existing terminology of stock posting and consumption posting together in this case. That is, while performing GR, stock quantity has to be increased. At the same time, there shouldn't be any value posted to stock account. Technically speaking, updating the stock quantity without Trx Key BSX. So system has no choice other than posting the value to consumption account. To post to consumption account, system determines the consumption key as 'E' if account assignment is sales order and 'P' if the account assignment is Projects. And then system looks for the value string In OMJJ with the consumption key 'E' or 'P'.

If the sales order is valuated, it is straight forward, system goes with OMJJ settings and consumption key is determined from the account assignment category of the purchase order. Accordingly value string also will be determined.

Regards,

Asik.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see whether this can help

from SAP help

• You make no entry in the Consumption posting field
    if you are using a valuated
    sales order stock
    and do not want to flag the sales order item
    (item in an inquiry, quotation, or sales order) as carrying costs and revenues.
    This is especially recommended in mass production on the basis of sales
    orders.

Are you using valuated sales order stock?

see this help text too

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/90/ba6cad446711d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/90/ba6cfb446711d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

wpc863
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

thanks for your reply~

Yes, it's a MTO scenario with valuated sales order stock. your provided help link is pretty good to help me to get a better understanding of MTO.

I think Asik has got my root cause, I will get a well understanding of that. really thank you~