cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get ​embedded Steampunk with S/4HANA on premise?

Jochen
Explorer
0 Kudos

We've got customers planning to implement S/4HANA on prem >= 2022. Is there a setup-guide for on-prem?

Jochen
Explorer
0 Kudos

ABAP Cloud (BTP) offers the "Custom Code Migration App" without much configuration effort (ATC), Fiori Launchpad with some settings to be done, .... I guess, that's NOT part of embedded steampunk?

Steampunkt seems to be "only" a ABAP version in embedded (on prem) steampunk, correct me if I'm wrong?

So - in that sense: no special setup necessary for Steampunk on prem. Hints, anyone?

Marissa
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

As this is S/4HANA on premise question, I removed the cloud tag.

Regards,
Marissa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peterpersiel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

Focus of Embedded Steampunk in S/4HANA on-premise is an ABAP cloud development model that supports the clean core approach during transition from on-premise, to hybrid, to cloud.

Please check blog post How to use Embedded Steampunk in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition and in on-premise – The new ABAP... for guidance on Embedded Steampunk in S/4HANA on-premise.

Best regards,
Peter

Jochen
Explorer
0 Kudos

I understand that. Are there any tasks in the basic SAP S/4HANA on prem setup to be considered?

peterpersiel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

you can find the setup steps for the ABAP cloud development model with Embedded Steampunk in S/4HANA on-premise in the documentation linked in the blog post: Set Up Developer Extensibility.

Best regards,
Peter

Jochen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok - in the sense of "there are no special tasks in setting up embedded Steampunk for S/4HANA on prem for base-administrators": Thanks for your answers!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wolfgang_woehrle
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

I am not sure if you need more information in the context of SAP S/4HANA Cloud or SAP S/4HANA (-> On Premise)?

Peter's link also refers to this blog. It contains details in the context of SAP S/4HANA Cloud (a.k.a. Embedded Steampunk).

In the context of On Premise, please see here our guide.

Does this content help you?

Kind regards,

Wolfgang