cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the initial entry of the data in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

If any Business user enters the initial value in one of the field in existing Customer master or material master, i need to know who entered the initial value in that particular field in customer master i.e., created by and created on information.

Ex: For already existing customer master. Let say until then , Fax has not been maintained .

The unknown business user entered the Fax number on 14th Feb.

Now how i have to know or find who created the fax no and when he created(14th Feb)

NOTE : Iam not talking about the changed value in a field.

Regards

Steph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI stephen

try with T-code: ov51

Regards,

Krishna.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried XD04 ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to T.code SE16N give the table CDPOS at CDPOS - TABNAME give the table KNA1 and execute,now you are able to see

which value was inserted and updated as well as old value and new value.Now get the CDPOS - CHANGENR value and pass

this value to table CDHDR - CHANGENR , here you can see the user (who changed the value),date and time .

Check and revert

Regards

Ram

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changes in value of certain fields are tracked by Change Documents. You can view the entries in the customer master and they're stored in tables CDHDR/CDPOS, as already noted. However, not necessarily all the fields are tracked in the change documents. Also the address data might be tracked as a generic "address" change, not KNA1 change.

There are some programs already available to view the change documents, check this blog:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/28579

You can always run ST05 and see if said tables are updated (and how) for a particular change.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to kna1 table you will be able to find fields "create by" and "create on".