cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to default the Schema Group,Vendor in Purchasing while creating a Vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell me the steps to default the Schema Group,Vendor in Purchasing while creating a Vendor.

I have created a Schema Groups:Vendor  as "NP", Created schema grps to POrg & assigned Schema Grps to POrg.

Now I want when I create a New vendor for a account grp with selected POrg it should default Schema Gropu "NP" in the purchasing window.

Please suggest how to do this.

Regards,

Puja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create new vendor and assign schema group to the vendor.There is no such kind of thing so that it should take default schema group.

Regards,

Praful

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create a new vendor by copy of an existing vendor in XK01, then you get all fields copied over and you only need to change those fields that should be different for the new vendor.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want to have  default Schema Group of Vendor in Vendor Master Creation?

You need to enter Schema Group of Vendor  manually  during vendor master creation process(Xk01 / MK01)

Imagine if you have Multiple Schema Group of Vendors for same Purchasing Organization where you have  Multiple MM Pricing Procedures with Multiple Schema Group of Vendors ,then how and which Schema Group of Vendor - you needed as defaulted in vendor master creation process!

Regards,

Biju K

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have only one schema group, probably you can create a variant for XK01 / MK01 in SHD0 and have this as fixed value.

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Puja,

You may assign Schema Groups:Vendor  as "NP" manually in purchasing view. There is no default in

this case. The value can be different according to purchasing org and also vendor. As it is not specific

to use only single value for 1 purchasing org, this value can be enter manually.

You may refer to F1 help in the field for more information.

Best Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the requirement behind it? why do you want it to be dafaulted?

You can not control it thru configuration. you can use BADI   VENDOR_ADD_DATA for the same.

Regards,
Anoop Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thak you so much.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating vendor, you may create it with a reference vendor, so that the schema group will be copied to the new vendor.

Regards

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no standard setting to default the data in vendor master. You can use the enhacement BADI

VENDOR_ADD_DATA to default your own data by defining your own logic.

You can find documentation in below spro node...

Logistics - General>Business Partner>Vendors>Control>Adoption of Customer's Own Master Data Fields>Business Add-In: Processing of Master Data Enhancements

Amit.