cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Material variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I created configurable material and assigned class and BOM and object dependencies as well as configurable profile its working fine.

I need to create material variant so i assigned configurable material to material variant in MRP 3 view then selected the characterstics as per requirement. BOM also i assigned the configurable material. But at the time planning its not planning as per requirement also i need to consume the stock as per configuration at the time of sales order delivery.

What are all steps to be followed, where i did mistake pls correct me.

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Your question is wrong. Actually variant material is assigned to the configurable material.

First you can create variant material (material as a variant) in MM01. Then this variant is assigned to the configurable material (KMAT) in the MRP 3 View.

Then you can maintain characteristics, char values, class (300), these datas should be assigned to the configurable material.Then you can maintain configuration profile (CU41) for the same configurable material.

Next you can create Super BOM (i.e. you can maintain object dependencies editor & assignment in the BOM). Next you can create Super Routing.

Then you create sales order VA01, variant has been displayed or pop-up screen has been appeared in the sales order creation time.

And also variant material also displayed in the sales order screen.

Variant is assigned to the configurable material, characteristics of which describe the variant.*

please check & revert back to me.

Regards,

Mohan.R

Edited by: Mohan Ramalingam on Feb 3, 2009 8:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

Whatever u said its working fine. But i need to create PIR for Variant material and i will plan as per the classifcation(Character which i was selected from configurable material) and i should consume the stock from variant material. If i select the same character for Configuration material In the sales order.

EX.

CAR.(Configurable material)

Class CAR

Character colour 1. red

2. blue

3. white

engine 1. 3 cylinder

2. 4Cylinder

If i make sales order its poping up and planning as per the selection. i am familar with this scenario.

I have doubt in material variant.

CAR1(material variant) i assigned MRP 3 View CAR(configurable material)

then i selected (bule colour and 4 cylinder).

Now i want to make PIR for CAR1 and it should plan only BLUE and 4cylinder raw material only.

after goods receive CAR1 should be in stock.

If i make sales order for CAR selection is bule and 4cylinder. It should cosume CAR1 stock at the time of delivery.

How to proceed and what should be the BOM for CAR1.

Regards

S.Sures.h

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I am very sorry. You are confusing the Variant configuration scenarios. There is no relationship between PIR & VC. It is related to MTO with sales order creation only.

For BOM, you can maintain object dependency & select for selection condition in this maintaining of object dependencies.

Please refer the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

please let me know any clarification.

If you understand the scenario, please close the thread.

Regards,

Mohan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mohan,

Thanks for your response.

I am very clear in configurable material we can use only sales order. I did in my projects no issues.

But material variant i have doubt, I tried once am not able get what i suppose to get.

I read the sap help.From that what i understood we can create PIR for material variant and can make stock thorugh the order it will consume only whatever we selected from MRP 3 configurable material.

If i make sales order for configurable material if the material variant and configurable material properties are same it will pick the stock. (For that in sales order item category (mat variant action) to be set).

1. Configure the configurable material in the sales order.

2. On the value assignment screen, you can already check whether material variants match the material configuration (see Variant Matching on the Value Assignment Screen).

For a material to be replaced by the material variant in the sales order, the configuration of both materials must match exactly.

3. When you have configured the material, exit the configuration editor.

4. Depending on the settings in Customizing, the material is either replaced directly by the material variant, or a message is displayed indicating that a suitable material variant has been found.

5. If the material is replaced, the material variant is entered in the order item.

Individual or collective requirements can be created for the material variant. Pricing is also carried out for the material variant, provided that you have not defined the configurable material as a pricing reference material for the material variant.

So i have doubt on material variant only if wrong pls correct.

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I found the solution, I am closing the thread

Thanks for all.

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

I'm also having same scenario like Make to stock and make to Order. Can u explain me how to do. For material variant what material type we need to maintain. For material variant which class type i need to take. Is it necessary to create BOM's for configurable and material variant also. How to PIR with characteristics.

I need to maintain batch management also. For that same class (as i mentioned for configurable material) i need to mention r not?

Simple BOM is enough r super BOM only we need to create.

Plz help me for this scenario

Naren

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

can you please tell me how we can create a material variant you said mm01 can you pleas elaborate?

Thanks

Shaiil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaiil,

You will progress much more quickly if you review standard online help before you ask such questions.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/92/58c907417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

and subordinate topics. Better still, read the entire section about Variant configuration.

Best Regards,

DB49

sandeep3101
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Do any one know where can i get the information of the material variant i have created for a configurable materail.

i am looking for a FM or Table where i can get the material variant configuration

Answers (0)