cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy UDF´s to another database?

former_member325743
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, so we have a couple of databases and one of them are just for testing. The test database has some UDF´s and I was to copy them manually but then I realized that are more than a couple so I know there´s a way to copy with some tool.

I think that DTW could work for that or maybe QuickCopy. So basically I want to know your opinion of which one could be the easiest way or maybe the most practical and a short explication of how to do it.

One last thing, is it possible to make a label on a SAP form? I attached a photo with an example. My boss want to put a static label like the one indicated in number 1, I know that I can make a UDF and give it some values like the one in the number 2 but he wants just one static label.

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another way is that , you can use copy configuration from implementation task in administrator module

former_member325743
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey I tried the implementation task but it threw some (a lot) errors. It did not copy any of the UDF´s, this error appears

3652-1

So, it seems like you need to have the udf's already on the destination database. But it is a really good tool for another kind of data, thanks anyway!

former_member325743
Participant
0 Kudos

Nevermind, I tried again and it worked!! So you´re having the best answer. Thank you!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Yes it is possible to give static label in SAP system form .......you can check it from your SDK folder

(C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Samples\COM UI\CSharp\11.SystemFormManipulation)

plz check it

former_member325743
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. i´ll check it. But i got a question, is it necessary to develop something? you know, get into the code or something?

Former Member

I can suggest you make package of your test database using solution packager and use that package as your live database your all UDF's from available in it .

former_member325743
Participant
0 Kudos

It´s a good option but not what I looking for. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another way is that , you can use copy configuration from implementation task in administrator module