cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert a Cost Plan to a Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to know if it is possible to convert the Planned Cost for a Company Code to a budget automatically.

Actually, we want to acheive some kind of Purchase Controlling.

Assuming

Planned Cost for Cost Element 605010 (Machinery and Equipment) is 10,000

no PR or PO containing an item from Cost Element 605010 can be approved.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of budget do you refer to? If it's CO budget - then, it's impossible as the level of planning/budgeting is different. If it's for FM budget, then there is standard transaction FMCYCOPI_CO.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay thanks. But after I convert the plan to a FM budget is it possible for me to control Purchasing (block purchasing) as soon as the actual expenditure is equal to the budget for each cost element?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, sure; that's the purpose of PSM-FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thanks. However, we are running BP Baseline and PSM-FM isn't activated. Is there a way to do it with what we have? Doesn't the normal SAP FICO have any budgeting/purchasing control functionality?

I cannot find and PSM component in SPRO or the Easy Access screen.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With CO you can control budget only on the object (internal order/WBS) and not on intersection with G/L (cost element). If it meets your requirement then the CO could be sufficient. To see PSM-FM you have to activate the business function first - SFW5.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please is there a way I can create my Fund Centers from Cost Centers without having to create them one after the other?

Is it possible to create to create commitment items from cost elements directly without having to create them one after the other?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, open another thread for a new question, as it solves better organization of the forum...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member309133
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can do this through coding done in the user exit for PO. The system can check the budget available amount and block the PO. But the precondition here is that the GL account and cost center needs to be made mandatory. This can be useful for a limited purpose. However for a full proof system you need to implement Funds Management.

Thanks,

Sangram