cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config to remove the operation auto appended by SAP due to the order & notification integration setting?

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PM Guru,

It is a lingering issue for us.

Business wise concerned, we would like a notification is auto created along with the Preventive Order (PM02) so any finding or record can be filed against it without manually createing one.

Therefore, in SPRO, Order and notification integration, we set up:

Notification type M1 against Order type PM02 and Enhanced object list, we choose 3- Assignment of Operations to All Object List Entries Active.

The impact is right after the PM order created, there is always one operation auto added and assigned from the Notification.

It is rather useless or meaning operation

So when confirmation, it is there ready for confirmation.

How to remove it automatically, so the operation in confirmation is valid?

Thank you,

Sally

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashant_pandey2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

I have just checked in the system and replicate the scenario. Deleting the tab will not help with your query.

In my opinion if you want to de-activate auto-operation creation, you can use either of two options in Order and Notification Integration Screen (a) Assignment of operations to object list entries inactive OR (b) Assignment of operations to Maint Plan Notification Active.

If not convenient with above two options, you can take help of ABAP (As already suggested above).

Thanks,

Prashant

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thank you so much.

I tested the difference between (1) Assignment operations to Maintenance plan active and (2) Assignment of operations to all notification (3)Assignment operations to all object list active.

Would you please explain the differences between the 3?

Thank you so much for sharing.

Sally

prashant_pandey2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

Please find below difference between three settings:

Assignment of operations to maintenance plan active
This setting corresponds to the scenario "Work list for regular maintenance". Therefore you can change the activity allocation exclusively for notifications which were generated from maintenance plans.

Assignment of operations to all notifications active
Here, you can additionally change the activity allocation for such notifications in the object list which were not generated from maintenance plan calls.

Assignment of operations to all object list entries active
In addition you can assign Technical Objects to operations.

For more details, please refer below link with note 598598:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Thanks,

Prashant

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parashant,

Sorry to be a stick in the mud.

I just have a further question on (1) Assigment of operations to maintenance plan active.

I did a test with the same setting.  The notification created along with the order can not be assigned in Object List or it does not belong to any of the operatons from Task list.

As I can see it from your explanation, the assignment can be changed. Is my understanding right?

Pls rectify me.

Sally

prashant_pandey2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

With above setting, notification created along with the order can be assigned in object list. Also reg assignment change, as mentioned above it corresponds for scenario 'Worklist for regular maintenance".

I hope your original query for removal of auto-created operation was addressed, so please close the thread. If you still have doubts / issues in order and notification integration setting, request you to open new discussion.

Thanks,

Prashant

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prashant_pandey2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sally,

Please check if you have activated Maintenance Plan Tab (10/TAB08) tab page for your notification type. (spro --> PM --> Maint and Service Processing --> Maint and Service Notifications --> Notification Creation --> Notification Type --> Set Screen Templates for the Notification Type --> Give your noti type).

If so, try to delete this assignment from your notification type and test your scenario. Hopefully it should resolve the issue.

Please refer below links for more details:

Worklist for Notifications - Maintenance Planning (CS-AG/PM-PRM-MP) - SAP Library

Assignment of a Task List to a Notification - Task Lists (CS-AG/PM-PRM-TL) - SAP Library

Thanks,

Prashant

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I followed your suggestion and it seems to me that is to set up the section for each tab for notification.

If I delete, there is no config for the notification screen. right?

Please share some screenshot for illustration.

Sally

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • If so required, you can make use of this post work for your requirement.
  • Work with your ABAPer.
sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jogeswara,

It is not what we want.

We need to remove the operation auto added due to the setting.

Pls kindly help.

Sally

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also suggested that only. You can make use of the content work for you. Show it to ABAPer.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The notification description will be copied in order operation only when notification is manually created from order header screen.

In those cases if you want to deactivate auto operation creation you can use either of the options 1.Asssignment of operation to Object List Entries Inactive

2.Assignment of Operation to Maint. Plan Notification Active

Else check the check box "Notifctn" for Auto Notification creation along with order.

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Pls kindly see more details for your diagonosis.

1. Order and Notification Configuration

2. One more operation added which is from the setting (notification added to operation) without manhour

3. Confirmation: the added operation is there which confuses users.

Please kinldy help or share your experience or thought.

Sally

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

1. This Order is generated from MI/MP in which it has a task list.

2. We would like to keep the operations from Task list.

3. But with the order-notif integration setting, a notification is auto created upon order generation, which is also appended to the operations.

4. The appended operation is of no use and meaningless but it is available for confirmation.

How to get rid of it automatically?

Thank you,

Sally

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

May I confirm that with the setting below for Order type PM02 (preventive order)

1. Notification auto created along with order

2. Enhancement of object list selected 3

That makes the PM order with additional operation which is copied from the Notification?

Is there a way out of it?

Thank you,

Sally

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Is your plan generating Work Orders or Notification ?

In case of creating work orders, maintenance plan description will be in Work Order Description, corresponding Task List operation will be in Work Order operations. Notification description is captured from Work Order description. So this should not impact your operation.

Regards

Terence

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Our plan generates Order, whose description is copied from that of Maintenance item to be exact.

The impact lies with Confirmation that the added operation from the setting is available for confirmation in IW41 and IW48, which is confusing to our users.

Thank you,

Sally

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Yes, it copies from the Maintenance items, but that will not add up to the Order Operation.

Well i guess, you dont use a Task list in the maintenance item, so it default, its making the description has the first operation.

Check out the solution in below thread

Regards

Terence

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

In addition to the added operation, there are other operations copied from Task list.

You can tell from the screenshot where operations got planned hours.

Instead of changing the order-notification integration, what else can I do with it?

Thank you,

Sally

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

If you have Task list (with operations) assigned in the maintenance item, this operation issue should not come.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sally,

In Notification- order integration configuration screen, try unchecking the "long text" checkbox.

Regards,

AMol

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

The long text checkbox is not ticked as we do the test.

So, it has nothing to do with it.

Please let me know if my understanding is right.

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

I checked this scenario in my system. As maria said, I think you might not be using a task list for maintenance item.

1) Without task list in Maintenance item - Maintenance item text getting copied as order header description - NOtification text - first operation of an order.

2) With task list - Maintenace item text is getting copied to order header description & Notificaiton header description. But order operations are getting populated only from task list assigned to that maintenance item.

Please use task list for your maintenance item, your issue should be resolved.

Regards,

Amol

sallyxu-cn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol.

I do use a task list, you can tell the first 2 operations are copied from Task List.

I do not want the 3rd operation which is from the auto created notification.

How to remove it automatically?

Sally