cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config & create & share outline agreements in an organisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Ours is an organisation comprised of 8 company codes. Each Company code is confgured with one Purchasing Organisation.

We have a reqirememt to to dothe following:

1. Create contracts that can only used/called off by users in a given company code/purchasing organisation

2. Create contract that will be used/called off by any user in the organisation.

How should we configure our system so that some contracts can be "shared" called off by any user in the organisation irrespective of what company they belong to?

How should we create outline agrrements/contract documents for shared contracts? which company code will these be assigned to?

Thanks

Grace.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswanath,

I use the Example: Working with Reference Purchasing Organizations

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/75/ee1fa755c811d189900000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Maintained Customizing Settings step.

1.Both purchasing organizations (RORG and EORG ) are maintained in Customizing for the Enterprise Structure under .

2.The reference purchasing organization RORG "without assign a company code and plant(s)".

3.The purchasing organization EORG is assigned to company code 1000 and the two plants.

4.Purchasing organization RORG is maintained as the reference purchasing organization for the purchasing organization EORG

The key point is I maintained a reference purchasing organization without assign any company or plant

When I create a contract and assigned the contract the reference Purchasing Organisation in the initial screen.

It still need to input a company code and If I entered a company code, it will show No plant that could release against the contract item exists.

Does it still need to apply company code and plant in reference purchasing organization ?

It's difference form help.sap.com

or which process I miss.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taylor,

If you want the contracts to be used by all company codes, then you have to go for centralized purchasing. In centralized purchasing u have to assign all ur plants(whether belonging to the same company code or different company codes) to the central purchasing organization.

or else you can use here a reference purchase organization, in this case all ur plant specific purchase organizations will be assigned to this reference purchasing organization. This assignment has to be taken care in SPRO -- General Settings -- logistics -- Assignment. Then while creating a contract u have to create for this reference purchase organization, so it can be utilized by all the company codes. To create a contract/Scheduling agreement, u have to use tcode:ME31K/ME31L, then release order in case of contract - ME21N, delivery schedule in case of Scheduling agreement. then GR-MIGO then invoice - MIRO.

2. If you want to create a contract/scheduling agreement for a particular company code, then use the plant specific purchasing organization for creating contract/scheduling agreement. Then the plant which is assigned to that purchasing organization can only receive that materials.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Viswanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viswanath,

Thnak you for your response.

I wnted to confirm some thing here. Are you saying that I can achieve this in SPRO by

1. Creating/defining a reference purchasing organisation

2. Assigning all plant purchasing organisations to this reference purchasing organisation?

Also when I create a "shared" contract/outline agreement in R3 using transaction Me31K, I will assign the contract the reference Purchasing Organisation in the initial screen. Which company code should I assign the contract?

Do we also need an organisation wide company code to use here instead of individual user company codes?

Do all vendors have to be extended to the reference purchasing organisation? I have just tried out your suggestion, to create a contract & assigning it a referencing purchasing organisation instead of a plant purchasing organisation, the system is issuing an error message saying that the vendor I have suggested is not created for the reference purchasing organisation!

I guess the end here is for all users in the organisation irrespective of which company they belong to, to able to create a call off purchase order referencing any of these "shared" contracts.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taylor,

Go through the link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/75/ee1fa755c811d189900000e8322d00/frameset.htm

This will explain about org structure, reference purchase org, configurations, master data etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Viswanath