Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear the old assets value without depreciation

RajPal_SAP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My Client wants to clear the old asset values which are never been depreciated. The asset year has not been opened since 2012. That means it closed in 2011 and asset accounting activity hasn't been done until now. So, the system doesn't allow us to depreciate or retire the old assets.

Please advise how to clear the old asset values and open the current Asset Accounting year.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

RajPal

View Entire Topic
Ernesto_Cepeda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi RajPal,

Before trying to provide some alternatives to try to help I would like to share a few things:

• First of all, the info that I will share it’s based on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition (Public Cloud) product (which is the focus of this specific community). Please consider that if you’re using a different product the info I’ll share might not apply.
  • Based on what you’re describing I’m assuming that the customer uploaded old assets during or after the implementation (please consider that Public Cloud was released around 2017) and then they didn’t use the Fixed Assets functionality

That said, I would suggest the following:

• Go to the “Make Company Code Settings” App and review the specific settings for the relevant Company Code(s). Please refer to key screenshots below taken from an internal SAP test system.
  • In general, it’s always recommended to use the current year to perform the financial adjustments so previous years are not impacted
  • Once you have done the relevant settings to record the assets retirement you can scrap them or sell them with or without revenue. The specific steps are described in the scope item Asset Accounting (J62) - US 

I hope this helps.

Ernesto Cepeda

Make Company Code Settings - Asset Accounting SpecificMake Company Code Settings - Asset Accounting Specific

RajPal_SAP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ernesto Cepeda,

Thanks for the reply.

But it doesn't help me to fix this issue. Our Client is using the ECC6.0 version still not using Hana/S4. The old asset stopped using after 2011. It was never depreciated and opened a new asset year for some reason. 

Please let me know if any alternate solution to clear and activate the current year.

Regards,

RajPal