cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the fiscal year in the controlling area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to change the fiscal year mentioned in the controlling area. The problem is that the controlling area is assigned to a company code and number ranges have been defined and cost center hierarchy has been created.

Please suggest me what to do?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by change fiscal year in controlling area, Did u want to create new fiscal year for controlling area. Then go to version and extend fiscal year to version.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to ask you that my fiscal year mentioned in controlling area is V6 (july to june) and the versions are active from 2011 while the cost centers are created today. so is that a problem? if yes than how to rectify it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional in Activate components/control indicators the fiscal year is defined from 2011 onwards. Is there a way to change that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot change but you can create by adding fiscal year for example if you want to activate for 2010 then goto create and enter from date as 2010 and to period as 2011.

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made 2 fiscal year intervals from 2011 to 9999 and the other one is from 1900 to 2010. I want to know if its ok or should i still create a new controlling area in which case i would require some help in how to unassign the old controlling area from the company code.

One more thing if I copy the old controlling area do i need to maintain the number ranges and versions again for the new controlling area?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What you did is OK.. no need to create a new contr area

br, Ajay M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If its a Productive system - You cant change the FY.. You need to take SAP SLO Service.. Its a chargeble one

If its a Test system and data is posted, then you need to delete the data 1st of all... I advise create a new contr area / comp code

"Activate components & Control Indicators" - Just COPY 2011 and make it 1900 or any year of your choice

br, Ajay M