cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change error message into warning message

Former Member

What is the configuration of Changing error message into warning message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member197269
Active Contributor

Transaction OBA5

In FI, message type control are restricted. Restricted message type are control to avoid any inconsistency of accounting entries.

Select the application area

Select Edit -> New entries

Type in the following :

Message number - By pressing the F4 key on the MsgNo field you can find out which messages are available.

User name - If you enter a name here then the specifications only apply to this particular user. If you enter "blank", then the settings apply to all users within the client.

Message type - You can find out the permitted message type by selecting F4 on the Online or Batch fields.

Save your entries.

Hope this helps

Pls assign points a way to say thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try OMRM, OBA5.. choose Applic. area which need to be maintain as M8, FH.

Hope this help.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recently used OBA5 to change F5 117 message into an error for all users (except for one). We tested in MIRO/FB60 and it works as we expect.

Is there a way to easily tell what other functions or transactions use this error message? I can do a where used on the message class/number, but that leads me to a plethora of programs that I would have to sort through.

I just want to be sure that users don't get an error message in other transactions, like AR or in MM.

Lastly, why would I use OMRM rather than OBA5? what are the differences/advantages of either?

Regards,

Heidi Fahey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

pls mention where excatly the warning MSG is coming.

We have diffrent programes for diiffrent error msg.

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction code OBA5 and select the appliction than change the message.