cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture freight costs for material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have a Purchase order with 3 line items. I am creating shipment and shipment cost document for only one line item.

But when I do a goods receipt, the shipments costs gets divided equally to all 3 lines items in the PO.

Ideally shipment costs should be assigned to only line item of material cost

Kindly advise how to apportinate the shipment cost only to the items which i receive and not equal distribution?

I am maintaining the frieght condition type in the PO without value to copy the shipment costs

In case of any queries, please revert.

Thanks

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your freight cost behaves as your freight condition type is Group Condition based where  check box selected "Group Cond." and have 1 or 2 in GrpCond.routine  field in Group Condition segment. Now remove that check box , keep 0 in GrpCond.routine field and save keep that condition type.

Now try creating purchase order and test your process of entering freight cost in freight condition type for one item only!
For other items keep freight cost 0(ZERO) with their freight condition type respectively.

Now do MIGO with respect to purchase order for that item only with which freight cost entered and see your accounting entries!

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

I have tried to remove the group condition and routine in the Frieght condition type in PO.

But still system continues to split the costs equally to all items instead of one material.

Is there anything i am missing still.

Should I do any changes in the condition type configured under transport pricing procedure.

Should the header condition field be active for freight condition types?

Kindly advise

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member218071
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Can anyone tell me , how the scenario is mapped.

Regards, rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

In the freight condition type FRB1 for your stock PO, you must activate " Copy shipment costs" in the control data in configuration.

Next in PO, you must leave freight condition type as blank

Next you must create shipment document and shipment cost document. Actual costs will be captured here..

Next while you doing goods receipt, shipments costs will be transfered to material stock account automtically.

This is the process flow I have tried.

Regards

E Shankar

former_member218071
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

THanx a lot Shankar,

I will try to map the scenario.

Regards, rakesh

former_member218071
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I have created PO leaving the condition FRB1 blank

Created Shipment Doc & Shipping cost doc.

I want to do GRN against Material PO.

Where is the link between shipping cost document and Material PO

Please guide.

Regards, Rakesh

former_member218071
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar & all,

Can u tell me how have mapped the scenario, whwrein u creates shipment document for capturing transportaion cost and subsequently while GRN the appropriate liability (for transportation from shipment doc) getting generated.

I will be thankful to you if u share the process flow with Tcodes for the scenario.

THanx in advance

Regards, Rakesh

former_member218071
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Can anyone tell me , how the scenario is mapped.

Regards, rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i know u are using group condition for freight...so u can not select the group condition in M/06 t code.

then u can try...

Regards,

kodandapani.t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar..

If condition type ZIVA is maintained in the calculation schema and the condition record is also done then it should reflect in the schema with the relevant cost at item level. In the PO history system will not show the cost breakup but it will show in shipment cost document,

but i dont know in your case you are generating shipment cost document ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas

No the problem which i am facing is

PO has two line items

But we are receiving only one item

Frieght cost for shipment of one item in the PO is 100 INR

But when i do a GR only 50 INR of the transportation costs is getting accounted to the material cost

Ideally it should be 100 be allocated to item.

I dont know why always shipment costs are equally distributed to all line items in the PO.

It is not considering the Inbound and GR quanity of PO

Regards

E Shankar