cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel an outbound delivery for which TO is already confirmed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fellow-SAP colleagues,

We have a peculiar situation described below -

User creates Delivery --> Creates TO for the delivery --> Confirms the TO --> Then receives cancellation request from customer --> Moves material manually from St.Ty.910 to original storage type without using LT0G transaction --> Now, system does not allow user to cancel the delivery as material now is not available in St.Ty 910 --> System shows ‘lock’ sign at LT0G screen for this delivery.

The situation seems to be a 'dead-lock' type because -

1. System does not allow using transaction VL09, giving the reason as - 'Can not reverse the delivery as material is already provided for the TO'

2. LT0G can not be used as material has been moved by user erroneously, from storage type 910 to it's original storage type.

3. LT15 can not be used to cancel the TO as it is already confirmed.

If anybody can suggest any way out, it'll be a great help.

If any more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Surendra Vaidya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the process , before entering into LT0g ,select the TO item view radio botton , you will get a new line with out lock.

Regards

venu gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Thanks for your inputs.

I was able to just get one simple way to solve this problem -

The situation of system not allowing to cancel outbound delivery has arisen because user moved the material from storage type 910 to original st.ty. but did not put it back in it's original storage bin.

When we brought back the material to it's original storage bin in original storage type, system allowed us to cancel the outbound delivery without any problem.

I think this is more appropriate and elegant solution than following earlier suggested steps.

This problem is resolved now.

Thanks a lot for your inputs,

Surendra Vaidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

may i know how do you bring back the material to it's original storage bin in original storage type? Could you explain the steps?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using LT16.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to follow the below procedure. <b>It works!</b>

1. we need a new bin , so Add qty: 1 of the same item in Vl02n and do picking –create TO and confirm it.

2. Now create a manual TO using LT03 and move the actual quantity of the item to the bin of the above TO from any bin ( where the quantity is avalible) and confirm the TO.

3: Go to Vl02n and increase the material to "actual qty + qty: 1") , manually ,at the batch level.

(Automatically at the material level the qty will be "actual qty + qty: 1")

4: Now go to LT0g (you will not find lock for the new selection) and return the stock (actual qty plus qty: 1). A TO is created. Confirm the TO .

5. Go to Vl02n delete the material at batch level .You can delete the delivery now as there are no items in the delivery.

Hope this solves your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu Gopal & Rajesh Banka,

Thanks a lot for your responses.

LT16 is a transaction to be used specifically only for SUT enabled environment. Hence was not suitable for our situation.

Venu's solution sounded a very good logical work around. Hence tried it two times but both the times found that system does not remove the 'lock' sign. It just adds a new line below the original 'locked' line and when you select the new line without lock, system says 'The line selected can not be selected' with green tick mark.

My guess is that probably system must be cross-checking in it's table / structure where it keeps the track of 'locked' deliveries and since the delivery number matches, it does not allow the selection of the delivery for return of the stock (in LT0G screen).

So unfortunately the problem remains unresolved.

But I thank you both the respondents for their helping hand.

Regards,

Surendra Vaidya