cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign & changed org. unit to employee Id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We want to move some employees from one organizational unit to newly created one in transaction code PPOM_OLD.

In PPOM_OLD i created new Org. unit ,assign position then assigned existing employee pernr.

But when i see in PA30 the organizational unit remains same.

Even when i observed in PA0001 table i can see two entries for one employee number the old entry is with organizational unit where as new one doesn't have organizational unit at all

Please guide me how can i do changes.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raza,

Create one action type in personal action as organizational reassignment. By this action you can able to change the organizational unit of any employee in the organization. If you will do this way they you can track the personal activities on the employee in the organization.

Check and let me know.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member201807
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raza,

Go to pa30- given the Perner-select infotype action 0000-period- all-click on overview

Now you can view all records related to infotype action-select the new created records-choose icon delete.

Now create the new organization unit, Position & their relationships through t-code pp01.

now transfer of employee from old position to new position through action tcode –pa40- select appropriate personal action (promotion, reorganization, transfer etc.)

Put the perner and effective date –execute –in next steps change details as per requirement i.e. in second part- organ. Assignment –

New position details –xxxxxxxx  /Personnel area-xx/Employee group-x/Employee sub group-xx

1. Save.

System goes to next info type  0001-

In the same way give the require details & save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raza

Org reassignment can be done by running the action T-code is PA40,here your have to mention reason for the action and then you can assign new org unit and position to the employee.

hope this helps.

Cheers

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried to using PA40, but it is asking position no again to enter.

I have many employees to update the same. Do we have some other options which can show already assigned org unit on in PA30 Screen.

Please suggest..

Regards

Raza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raza,

Please ensure the following

1. Position's relationship (A 003 - Belongs to) is assigned to the new org unit from the required date. (this can be done in pp01 and create a new relationship for the position for A 003 the old relationship will be delimited automatically)

2. Go to PA40 and enter the PERNR in the initial screen and choose Job/Salary Change Action type. The next screen should show the actions infotype information (positon, personnel area, employee group, employee subgroup...) give the start date as given in step 1 and save it the next screen comes up will be Infotype 0001 which will show the new org unit to which the position is assinged to save the infotype and proceed.

Thanks,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I tried the same using PA40, and one by one i updated all the screens (infotypes). but still i see there is Org. Unit   00000000. when i got to pp02 i see there is correct assignment.

Thanks

Raza   

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raza,

Can you attach some screen capture of what exactly you are doing.

Thanks,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAZA,

is your PLOGI ORGA X switch is activated are not ?

see if you select any position, automatically Job & Org. unit will appear in the IT 0001 which is assigned to that particular Position.