cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How pricing condition be auto updated if the user changes price in PO ?

maruthi_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any configuration setting on how pricing condition can be automatically updated if the user changes price in the purchase order ?

Thanks

Maruthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

As far as I know, POs (like many other documents in SAP) are "snapshots" of data as it was at the time of the document creation. This snapshot has no direct link to master data, so it will not change unless you go to the document and manually change/refresh whatever data you need updated.

Even if there were a way to link your PO to master data to auto-update I don't see how any change on a PO could go backwards and change master data. Pricing works the other way around - the PO takes the price from the condition records, not the records from the PO.

Hope this helps,

J

maruthi_ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah. You are right. I got it.

(But I was wondering if there is any way that the latest PO price overwrites the condition record.Ofcourse the last PO price is stored in Order price history that we view thru Info record.)

Thanks

Maruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghavendra has it right. The pricing procedure pulls master data from condition records. These records are static. If your requirement is to use the price from the last PO, then you must either update the master data for your price condition, or manually change the current document's price.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no such provision.Info record contains the last price conditions in the form of last PO document , if you check the box ifo update indicator.

Genaerally master data will be pulled to the transactions.

Regards,