cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many UDFs can be added in a SBO table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have problems:

1. with adding UDF to Item Master Data table. I haved added 18 UDFs to this table and now we want to add more 35 UDFs, but the system showed errors to not allow.

So my question is what is the maximum number of UDFs that SBO allows? If not, show me another solution!

2. I have developed some add-ons, they are registed to the server and installed well on client machines. But when I start an add-on, SBO system show the errors 'Connection timed-out' and the status in the Add-On Manager is 'Failed' but the add-on still runs well.

Please show me how to solve problems!

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doan,

For your first question: SBO has no limitation on the number of UDF's (we created already more 80 in one table).

However SQL server does have limitations:

<i>SQL Server can have as many as two billion tables per database and 1,024 columns per table. The number of rows and total size of the table are limited only by the available storage. The maximum number of bytes per row is 8,060. If you create tables with varchar, nvarchar, or varbinary columns in which the total defined width exceeds 8,060 bytes, the table is created, but a warning message appears. Trying to insert more than 8,060 bytes into such a row or to update a row so that its total row size exceeds 8,060 produces an error message and the statement fails.</i>

Since some SBO tables have already a large amount bytes you run easyly into the 8060 byte limit. To go around this problem you can add UDF with a text type rather than eg. "alphanumeric 128"

(BTW: for nvarchar fields you should multiply the length by 2, to get the number of bytes used)

ragards

Jurgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Jurgen ,

I'm using SBO 2005 SP01 SL4 with MS SQL 2005 Standard Ed, and I know that the <b>8060</b> problem is solved with MS SQL 2005 (also is fixed for DB2 UDB Expr)- Note# 816387 and 798432, I don't know how this problem still occured...

Thank again!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you dont have any limits for adding UDF. Yor limits is just the limit of the hardrivw space or the database capaciti.

Sergio sousa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doan,

Regarding the 8060 bytes in sql 2005, the folowing is mentioned in the help:

<i>SQL Server 2005 can have up to two billion tables per database and 1,024 columns per table. The number of rows and total size of the table are limited only by the available storage. The maximum number of bytes per row is 8,060. This restriction is relaxed for tables with varchar, nvarchar, varbinary, or sql_variant columns that cause the total defined table width to exceed 8,060 bytes. The lengths of each one of these columns must still fall within the limit of 8,000 bytes, but their combined widths may exceed the 8,060 byte limit in a table.</i>

So there is still a limit, it is only less likely that you encounter the limit.

Jurgen