cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many transcations per day can SAP Business One handle?

rebaz
Explorer

Hello all,

my question is:

How many transaction can be handled flawlessly by SAP Business One in both cases if it is with SQL DB and if its with HANA db?

I mean maximum number of transaction that SAP Business One can handle on daily bases. please narrow down your answers as per your knowledge and experience by mentioning the hardware specs if possible, because if i see answer saying depending on RAM size, it won't help me, but if you mention the specs it will be better. please consider its SAP Business One v.10.0, and there are only 10 users (might all work concurrently).

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are asking the question the wrong way around. There are as many different answers to your question as there are B1 customers. You must have an idea of how many transactions you (your company) make per day. The question is, can SAP Business One handle the amount of transactions that you expect to make. And when I say transactions, I mean from a database point of view. That means 1 sales order with 5 rows is 6 transactions, create a delivery from that sales order, and you get another 6 transactions, invoice that delivery, and you get another 6 transactions, enter a payment for that invoice and you get another transaction. Total 19 transactions for this example single sale.

Generally speaking 10 users using B1 consecutively are going to be hard pressed to exceed B1's capacity. One of the tougher scenarios that I have heard of, was a supermarket chain creating something like 5,000 sales a day. That was just invoices with an unknown average number of rows. Assuming an avegare of 5 rows per sale, they were processing 35,000 transactions. They were struggling. Looking at myself (v10 MS SQL 2019), we create some 300 transactions a day (100 orders, 100 deliveries, 100 invoices), and we have no problems whatsoever.

As for hardware, the answer is unfortunately that RAM is the main factor in determining capacity. However, if you create enough transactions a year, then storage is going to play a role, as you can only archive data older than 2 years.

In other words, if you expect to create 35,000 transactions a day, you may need to look at HANA or even other solutions than B1. If you create 500 transactions a day, you should be able to manage with MS SQL, the average xeon processor, 64 GB RAM, and 300GB storage.

At any rate, once you have determined how many transactions you expect to make a day, ask your SAP partner to recommend a hardware setup.

Regards,

Johan