Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Moving price calculated if the total stock/value are zero

former_member657006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Please advise where can Moving price come from if the Total stock and Total value are zero? (MM03, tab Accounting 1). There are no change logs (no stock, no postings, no orders - it is new Material). Usually Moving average price = total value / total stock quantity, but then I should have zero (not 136 804,66). I am confused.

I will be glad to any idea. Thank you in advance!

Annet

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through this Blog. - this may give you an idea.

https://blogs.sap.com/2015/05/13/moving-average-price-different-ways-of-value-calculation-on-date/#:....

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello protego_16

Let's consider the following scenario:

1. initial situation, zero stock quantity, zero stock value, zero moving average
  2. purchase order for 1 PC, price 138.804,66
  3. goods receipt of 1 PC against the purchase order
  4. after GR, stock quantity 1 PC, stock value 138.804,66, moving average price 138.804,66
  5. goods issue of 1 PC, GI value 138.804,66 (GI is valuated at moving average price)
  6. after GI, zero stock quantity, zero stock value, moving average price 138.804,66

Don't worry, next GR will calculate a new moving average price with the formula MAP = stock value / stock quantity.

See the note 185961 - Moving Average Price Calculation

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

former_member657006
Participant

thank you for the idea, Dominik! I am surprised that for this new material there are no Material documents in MB51, that is, there was not posting before, but the Moving price is already 136 804,66. I do not understand this. Everything indicates that the Moving price was set immediately when the material was created. But is it possible?

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

protego_16 Yes, it's perfectly possible to enter the moving average price during material creation.