cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does COSS table gets updated & its link with Resource??

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case I need to enter resource during Process order confirmation with the help of Transaction COR6. During confirmation I need to enter 5 activity types i.e. LSTAR in field ISM01/02/03/04/05. We are using a Z table where we are capturing the summation of LSTAR. The logic used is as follows,

Concatenate "KL" + CRCO-KOKRS+ CRCO-KOSTL+ CRCO-LSTAR & prepare a value for field which be the input for field PAROB in table COSS. Also to get the final result we are giving more input like OBJNR which is obtained from table AUFK for input as AUFNR. The third input given is WRTTP = 4 in table COSS.

So finally the input for COSS is,

1) OBJNR

2) WRTTP

3) PAROB

Now in output we are calculating summation of MEG001+MEG002....+ MEG012.

In majority cases the summation value matches with AFRU table for summation of ISM01/02/03/04/05.

But it is seen that in few cases the values dont match.

Can any one pls tell me why is there a difference??

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Somji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

this is one of the most difficult issue: to help anyone in a developed scenario...

I am not sure if I understand You right: where could You see the difference Z* vs COSS or Z* vs AFRU or COSS vs AFRU?

In Z*-table You have a line for each ISM value with the concatenated field (ID), - 5 lines for each confirmation. And the sum them by concatenated fields (ID) as data to transfer to COSS. Hence the COSS has the total amount for IDs - is this the one?

And You want to combine AFRU with COSS or AFRU with Z* or COSS with Z*?

Pls, clerify if request more support.

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not Active ContributorHi  Bela,

Normally when we post through process order through COR6 the summation of ISM01/02/03/04/05 is seen to get updated in COSS table for field PAROB under field MEG001 to MEG012 which I feel is as per the fiscal year. To cross check the value we can concatenate OR0000(8 digit Process order number). activity values are concatenation of  "KL + CRCO-KOKRS+ CRCO-KOSTL+ CRCO-LSTAR". 90 out of 100 times the values are spot on. But few do not match. one such case is seen by me.

I believe I know why this happens. Basically this issue normally arises when Cost activity values are updated through T code KP26. In my case i guess the values were updated when Process order posting mut have been in progress. But I'm not sure. I need to try such scenario in dev server to confirm.

Pls let me know if you can crack it.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Somji