cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we use the Group COA ( different fiscal year)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please clear my doubt

when we are using 2 operative COA which are using different fiscal year( calender & Non calender) and group COA is configured,

then if I want to take the report from the group COA ,how it is possible?

Regards,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Muralinag14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Technically it is possible to assign group COA to an operating COA which is assigned to two company codes where fiscal years are different for both of them. But you need a FSV(Financial statement version) for your group COA to see the balances.

But practically you can't assign these two company codes to single controlling area as the fact that these two company codes have different fiscal year variants.

So, no use finally according to my understanding.

Also, If you are using new gl, then follow sridhar suggestion.

Rgds

Murali. N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a chart of accounts (COA) does not belong to a fiscal year.

BR Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Can u please tell me what it means exactly about your last comments?

and I am new to this site, if I want to give the points how it is?

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Yes as you said COA is not belongs to fiscal year but we assign it to COCD ( which are two different FY)

in this scenario, if I want to get report from the group COA ( assigned it to two operative COA which are assigned it two cocd)

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I just gone through your thread and surprised to see your requirement which was not clear to me.  if i understood correctly ,

first and foremost thing is all company codes under the Controlling  Area must have same Fiscal year variant and same Chart of accounts.

if this is in your case than activate parallel ledger for company code and assign the other FYV in the parallel ledger

and finally as you know we should maintain different number ranges for parallel ledgers for tracking.

I hope the above information helps you.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank U Sree, will try as suggested and get back to U if any concern.

Regards,

Surya