cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get system form user defined field value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to retrieve the value of a user defined field for a system form. This can be read from the form's DBDataSource for the master table but that's the original value. How do I read the form item's current value?

User defined fields trigger events but have a blank ItemUid. A statement like "_oItem = oBomForm.Items.Item("U_Revision");" just produces an invalid item error.

Thanks for any assistance!

Bill Faulk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

At the end of this post, I explain you how to access to the item, but reading the DBDataSource will give you the value of the item's current value. You should be able to do everything you want with it.

When you use the query method of the DBdatasource, you get the value from the table. But then if you modify the value of the item, it will modify the DBdatsource.

As soon as an item send the et_Validate event, your DBDatasource get the value of the item.

-

-

On system form, if you add User Field, the items appear on an other form, linked to the system form.

this second form has an other uid.

It's form Type is the same than the system form type but with "-" in front of it.

for example, for the BP system form, which has a form type =134, the linked form that contains user fields is "-134".

The name of these items linked to user field is the same than the name of user field (U_Revision)...

Message was edited by: Sébastien Danober

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sébastien,

Thanks once again for for the reply. That was very helpful.

Answers (0)