Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we use same material code for two different sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friendsu2026

Hope you all doing well

I am facing a problem and I will be thankful to all of you, for your suggestions

Issue:

I have a *material created in 3000/10/19 for domestic purpose *,now our company has decided to export it for that we have created a new sales are 3000/13/20 for export,we cannot create the salesa are as 3000/13/19 due to some company issues,

Is there any way how I can use the material already in 3000/10/19 into new sales area 3000/13/20.

Will common distribution channel and division concept will be applicable here

• As the material is same,and we donu2019t want to go for any more new material code. *

Thanks

Siddharth Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Sharma,

when a material is used in domestic and exports.....i hope it should be seggreagated based on dist chnl.......but not division.

because material is Division specific. it can be there in only one division. like mother child relation.

that is the reason why...... it is maintained inside BASIC DATA...... but not in input screen while creating material master.[unlike dist chnl]

because a material can be in multiple dist chnl....but not multiple division.

I feel only alternative is creating new material if you are already decided to devide the sales by division for domestic and foriegn.

Purpose of common dist chnl/div is to maintain pricing/condition in one common whenever you change master data.......

hope this gives you the clarity

regards

Satya.SCM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can use common distribution channel and division for this purpose.

Go to VOR1 and make the setting for the newly created sales area.

3000 u2013 13 u2013 10 u2013 10.

This way you store the data for the common distribution channel.

Now go to VOR2 and make the changes for division also.

3000 u2013 20 u2013 19 u2013 19.

Or you just extend your material to this newly created sales area.

This will be usefull for making the reports individual for the distribution channel and division.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sagar,

as you said you can very well extend the same material in two different sales area,

but as far as i think,at a time only one division will exit in sales view,no matter for whcih sales are you are working.

but in my case i want division to get changed as soon as sales area chnaged

How can You do this,??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Division is to group the material.Here the material is the one.You have already grouped a set of materials and created in a particular division.If you want to have sell the material through exports, then you can have different distribution channel but ideallly if you have seperate sales orgainsation it would be better because you can the statistics in different currency.

regards,

Nithin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

You can extend the same material with new sales area, but as I can see from your details that division is different which is not possible. I mean to say that, same material can not have different divisions. It can have different distributiion channel as for domestic sales & for export sales.

Hope this will give you more clarity.

Regards,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

> same material can not have different divisions.

Hi,

What you said is logically correct but dont you think we can create or extend same material for entirely new sales area. I mean if any material is created for 1000/ 10/ 10 sales area, I can very well extend the same material for 1001 / 20 / 20 sales area. System does that. But logically it is not possible and will create confusion.

regards,

Sagar