cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we add Text field on system form which is updateable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I Want to create text field on System Form like A/R Invoice, in which I can store value after saving the document. I means Updateable field. Is it possible and How?

Thanks

Regards

Gorge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User defined field created at header/title level is always updatable.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create user defined field in path

Tools --> User Defined Fields --> Manage User Fields --> Marketing Documents --> Title

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jeyakanthan A

I know how to create a UDF But I want to Create such a type field which can be updated after the document saved. For Example Customer Ref no. on Delivery Document is updateable. we can enter value after the document saved permanently.

Thanks

Regards

gorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gorge,

Please follow Jeyakanthan instructions. You may know how to create a UDF but you clealy don't understant how they work.

A UDF in the System document's Title table is always updatable, unless you define it otherwise or do not have permission to update it (Open the form where you created the UDFs and press CTRL + ALT + B to open the definitions form).

A UDF in the System document's Rows table is always updatable ONLY if that document's rows are updatable AND if you set them as updatable (via Form Settings) and have permission.

On a User Form, you make your own rules!

Regards,

Vítor Vieira