cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can the PM-team work on weekends, even though the overall calendar says it's closed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

today I've stumbled across an interesting question:

The PM-teamleader created a PM-order that the team wanted to work on Sunday afternoon. The order, however, didn't show up on Sunday. It wasn't until Monday morning that the order popped up in the worklist.

Our overall plant calendar doesn't allow for work on weekends, the calendar assigned to the PM-workstations on the other hand, is set to allow work 24/7. The team hasn't tried to specifically select the order and then backflush components/confirm hours on it, but I assume the system wouldn't allow it to do so. Did anybody experience a similar problem...

If so, is there an option to workaround this, i.e. to allow the maintenance team to work while the production is actually closed? I can't imagine that this use-case hasn't been covered in any other implementation.

Thanks in advance for all inputs!

Regards,

Bobby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are ways to have PM Orders on weekends.

1. If its Strategy based Preventive Maintenance, then in Maintenance strategy you can assign the Maintenance Factory Calendar to consider the dates accordingly.

2. For all the orders, in work center you can assign factory calendar to consider the dates whenever that work center have been selected.

I have done in some of my implementations with different factory calendar for Maintenance with specific activities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

thanks for the input. I'll check...

Regards,

B.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Boban,

You can still schedule the Order or a "red" day such as Sunday manually. If you go to the Order header, SAP should display a yellow warning message, but you can still confirm it and schedule the Order to the date manually. Same goes for confirmations, postings etc.

Another option is to define a secondary, 7-day Factory Calendar or use an existing calendar e.g. W8. If you have a Work Centre that works 7 days, you can specify a 7-day working calendar on the Work Centre level.

You can also specify a single Order to be scheduled according to a 7-day calendar; in the Order header in the Dates screen area you can use the blue icon to expand the view, set the indicator for Calendar Selection to "1 - from Order Header", then input the required Factory Calendar in the right field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Good to know that you can still confirm then!

Considering the second part of your answer: I've already got a second calendar in place that goes 24/7. It's assigned to the PM-workcenters. What I'm wondering about in this case is why the guys didn't see anything, when they opened up the worklist on Saturday.

Need to check that on Saturday to see what actually happened. Maybe it's only user-failure then.

Thx & regards,

B.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What settings are on you order header:

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

thanks for the pic. Neither the PM-order customized to our needs nor the standard-PM-order PM01 show the calendar selection field and/or the factory calendar ID. We're running on ECC6.0 with no EHPs installed. Can you tell me where it used to be or where I would have to activate it in the field selection?!?

Thx,

B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

thanks for the pic. Neither the PM-order customized to our needs nor the standard-PM-order PM01 show the calendar selection field and/or the factory calendar ID. We're running on ECC6.0 with no EHPs installed. Can you tell me where it used to be or where I would have to activate it in the field selection?!?

Thx,

B.