cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I do a material availability on a part number without a planned order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to see if I have enough material on hand to build a specific part number if I don't have a planned order? I guess I can create a manual order but is there any other way? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Material availability check is against requirements  and receipt elements available.

Without any element how will you will do the ATP check?

You need to have the planned or production order do do the ATP check for the components in satndard SAP. Current available ATP quantity you can check in CO09.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick response. I guess I am not making myself clear. I want to know, if there is a way to see if I have enough material on hand in the event I needed to make another assembly. I understand that MRP is driven off of existing requirements. So lets say I am making an assembly and it gets damaged and I need another one that day...is there a way to see if I have enough material on hand to build that assembly real time? As I stated in my question I know I can go ahead and create a manual order and that will pull all the material available. But is there another way?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no standard report available for it, you need to build the custom report like CS12 or CS15 by taking current stock and receipt elements in consideration.

In CS15  here enter the child part and in the settings enter its current stock in Resulting qty field and check the box Multi-lev. Once you execute the report you can set filter on the finish products. This will show you the quantity of finish product you can manufacture.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

dimasluis_defaria
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

You can use:

1) CO09

2) function: BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY

Regards

Dimas Faria