cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House bank Outgoing clearing currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Requirement : Company code currency AED, house bank currency : USD. All payments in THB, INR, HKD,SGD, CNY etc has to be executed from house bank USD.

In this scenario if we maintain outgoing clearing account in USD of the house bank USD we cannot process the payment, to avoid this we are planning to change the outgoing clearing account to AED and house banks currency as USD I see only this option is available. Please suggest changing outgoing clearing account to company code currency is correct? appreciate your guidance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hari -

If the posting are other than company code currency then there will be a FX difference.

Go to Tcode OBA1 and configure the FX gain/Loss Account for Keys or Transaction KDB(Exp GL) and KDF(All S.creditor and S.debtor GL accounts).

Hope this clears.

Thanks!

Abu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Salman,

We have maintained necessary steps in OBA1 gain and loss entries are not generated automatically even after matching document number form the statement.

Error message in statement upload as " difference is to large to clear" we need to post manual JV (journal voucher) to clear the difference.

Appreciate your advise to automate this process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why don't you use the arbitrage account for clearing. In that way your house bank account has only the USD amount, and the arbitrage account has different currencies but 0 balance in local.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mustafa,

Thanks for the information.

Can you please elaborate on this more and advise how to achieve this requirement.

Regards,

Hari.Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

forexample

I have 100 USD and the 300 TRY for the posting. these amount are same at the time I am posting. however I do not want to follow more than one currency in the bank account because of validation. Here is the posting I will make ( I am buying USD)

1. posting

Transit account  (D)                    300 TRY                                        100 USD

Bank Account TRY (C)                                        300 TRY                              100 USD

2.posting

Bank Account USD (D)               100 USD                                       300 TRY

Transit account (C)                                                 100 USD                                   300 TRY

in this kind of posting you can clearly follow the bank accounts. however for the eliminating foreign currency validation you need to enter the parallel currencies during posting.

Instead of this useage you can follow more than one currency in an account in that way you do not need to click "only balances in local currency" area under control data of the account.

for validation you do not need to forget exchange rate difference key.

In my opinion and my suggestion to my customers  use an arbitrage account to make clear balance sheet account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mustafa,

Thanks for the input. Would you please give the steps to configure arbitrage account and where to assign in the config. Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no automation of this account, you can define one account can be open item management (my advise) nd noopen item management. The main point here is during the posting you need to enter both local and paralel currencies, otherwise you can face exchange rate differences. you can easily find the other currencies during posting by clicking other informations under line items through FB01 or other entry t-codes. Arbitrage account is not a bank account its an account to make bank accounts clear currency information.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

If you maintain the co.code currency for the clearing account, then you can post in all currencies. But here you wont select the check box only balance in local currency. However, if you have balance for the account, then you cannot change the currency, until you make the balance as 0. And also do testing for it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thanks for the information, how to clear the difference in the clearing account ? we need to post manual invoice or do we have a option to square automatically to any gain and loss account.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

First analyze why the difference stands in the GL? Does the balance is any bank charges or any other charges. Then you can write off it manually by FB50/FB01/F-02.

Regards,
Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

When I change the outgoing G/L to local ccy  document posted with KWD as transaction ccy, Local ccy as AED and G/L amount as KWD. After MT940 statement upload difference is arising at the time of clearing the open item in the outgoing clearing account. The standard program is converting KWD to AED to USD to clear the open item in outgoing clearing account when statement is posted.

To square the difference gain and loss is not generating automatically as per the configuration maintained in transaction OBA1 for transaction KDF.

Please advise how to automate this process.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

1. Have you selected the check box balances in local currency for the GL?

2. Check in OBY6 for the co.code for selected the check box No forex rate diff.when clearing in LC?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

1. I didn't select check box in local currency

2. I didn't select check box for  "No forex rate diff. when clearing in LC" in oby6

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Share screen shot of account determination maintained in OBA1 for KDF?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukthar,

Please find OBA1 screen shot for transaction KDF.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Are you sure the difference is exchange rate diff? Check the exchange rates at payment posting & bank statement?

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear hari -

Please do maintain the Clearing account in company code currency only. Maintain the house bank in the document currency ex: USD, INR, HKD etc.

Thanks!