Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home page Framework for ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on ECC5.0, ESS 60.2, EP 6.0.

The client decided to do a pilot group for "Working Time" in ESS. So, of all the employees using ESS, only some of them will be using "working time".

Now the problem is,In the "overview" page in ESS, how can I make the Area "Working Time" be visible only to pilot group and hide it from the non-pilot.

Any ideas highly appreciated with points.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have the option called Personalization, personalize as per your need.

Good Luck.

Om.

Antonyraja
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can achive this by writing a class (called as home/area proxy class). You are free to write the logic to show this service only to the selected the group of employee. Assign this class to the field Proxy class of the table V_T7XSSSERSRV for all the working time services. Use the class CL_XSS_CAT_1_AREA_PAGE or CL_BENEFITS_AREAPAGE for reference.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony

I have a similar requirement .

In the area page 'Benefits & Payments' our client wants to implement 'Salary Statement' enterprise wide and 'Employment verification' functionality for only a pilot group and doesn't want to implement 'W-2 reprint' and certain others functionalities at all.

I can remove the 'W-2 reprint' functionality from the list by suitably configuring the services and sub area pages in homepage config area but I am not sure I can make some services available to enterprise and others to only pilot group in a particular Area page like ' Ben & Payments'.

Can you please elaborate your answer how can I achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

In regards to your suggestion below, How do I go about looking at the CL_BENEFITS_AREAPAGE. I mean which transaction or which code to enter to view this class so i can see what is in it. Secondly, i need to create a copy of this class ?. Again how do i do it. Sorry but this is a new area and i am not able to find any suitable doc on this.

thanks for your help-

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

see in the img you can do configuration of ess in that area is there and there you can do the working time and for non pilot deactivate the switch

bye

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the IMG configuration (ESS home page frame work). My question was how to deactivate it only for certain people(pilot group).

In the IMG Activity "Assign area to area group page" I specified the position as Zero(for SAPDEFAULTESS - EMPLOYEE_WORKTIME), and the "working time" is gone from the ESS overiview page. But this happened for every one using ESS. How can I make it visible for certain people and hide it from the rest?

Please let me know if you have any more ideas.

Message was edited by:

Rahul Deevara