cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiring Employees using HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I'm trying to create an employee through the Function Module HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA. But I'm geting an error message please fill in the required fields. Can anybody tell me what all parameters I need to pass while calling this functional module and also what all infotypes and fields I need to pass through proposed value table.

Expecting ur fast response.

Regards,

Mithun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dude,

Check out ur INFO Group settings and mandatory fields.

Cheers..

Santosh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

You can try using Function module "HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION"to insert record & pass PERNR,INFTY & RECORD & also INS as operation.

Regards,

Prajakta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mithun

try out FM : ' HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION'

it is simpler than hr_maintain masterdata, but do use BAPI_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEUE & BAPI_EMPLOYEE_DEQUEUE

before & after FM : ' HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION'

to lock unlock employee.

some parameters like tclas : A & mode = 'INS' for creating PA records

& tclas 'B' for pb records

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u have to identify the mandatory field for hiring the employee, simply create one sample hiring and note the mandatory fields for hiring the employee in pa40.

Then u can proceed, it is easy for u,

if u entering the data from flat file or excel sheet it is better to go with LSMW Recording. it is usefull for uploading large volume of data and u can trace the error lists.

i hope this will be help,

Thank u,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You have to maintain all the required values of master record, which ever you are selecting, in the value field,

Good luck

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you have to provide field name and data value in the value table. It is not that easy to start using this. Your best bet is to put the break point on this function module and then do a transaction PA30/40 and stop and analyze how the field values are passed on. Normally I have seen developers using a level higher function HR infotype operation. That one ends up calling maintain master data function.