cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP- Exporting German numbers from SAP to EXCEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

As German numbers have the comma and decimal reversed-ex: 12.321,54 compared to what we use in the US ex: 12,321.54 , how can I change this when exporting German numbers from SAP into an Excel spreadsheet? I have tried changing the unicoding when saving the file but with no success, and when the numbers are exported to Excel, Excel will NOT let me format the cells.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janet,

This setting hasnu2019t got anything to do with R/3, it has to be made in Excel. Before using the R/3 office integration open Excel, in the Menu go to Tools -> Options -> International. Here you can set the decimal and thousands separator.

Regards

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, but it didn't work because I have excel 2000 on my laptop, and it doesn't have the tools-options-international feature. But since I was investigating laptops here at work, my colleague happens to have a "german" laptop, with the german keyboard, and when we went into SAP and exported/generated the data, the decimal and comma were able to be reversed on his. This shouldn't be. There are many German companies in the USA who must also run into this problem??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janet,

Do I understand you correctly: on the German laptop Excel displays the correct American number format (i.e. 1,000.00) whereas your laptop, American I would assume, shows the German number format (i.e. 1.000,00) with Excel 2000 running on both laptops? Weirdu2026..Iu2019m afraid I donu2019t have access to Excel 2000. The only other thing I can think of is to fiddle around with the country settings for Windows.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto via menu bar options

System> User profile>Own Data>Defaults> Decimal Notation

Change it there to suit the file format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your repsonse. I followed your instructions and saved the new setting, but it did not work. When I "generated" the numbers into an excel file, the numbers still showed up with the comma and decimal reversed. Could it be w/my excel software? I have excel 2000 on my laptop. I even tried the Tools - options - international suggestion, and tried to format the cell, but that didn't work. Excel won't let me change the format at all. Could it maybe be that I am using an SAP system based w/my company in Germany, and the settings are locked somehow? Any more suggestions? Many thanks.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I did was, first set the excel at options International to make decimal with comma and thousand separator as dot.

Then, made the report to office integration as Microsoft Excel. The output from SAP is directly converted or presented in Excel. This way I could see the output from SAP in Excel with dots for thousand separator and commas for decimal.

You can also make most of the reports to directly be output in Excel.