Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Process Forms access to 1-UP manager

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Process: HCM Form will be initiated by a initiating manager then goes for 1-up approval (on 1-up's UWL) and then to HR.

Issue: 1-UP manager gets UWL task when submitted by initiating manager... Once he (1-UP) approves it, it will be invisible from his UWL (correct logic) but after this 1-UP can not access it from Process Overview Screen.

Manager (initiating manager) and HR can see Processess of any status any time. Manager can see only processes initiated by him (which is correct) and HR can see all processes (which is correct).

Question: How 1-UP can access process forms approved by him, as he is not initiating manager and not HR?

For Manager screen, in iView paramaters we are giving

CONSUMER_ID=HCM_PROC&BROWSER_CONTEXT=AFFECTED_INITIATOR_OVERVIEW&NO_HEADER=X&INITIATOR_ROLE=HRASRB

For HR (inside HR admin role), in iView  we are giving

CONSUMER_ID=HCM_PROC&BROWSER_CONTEXT=ASR_AGGR_OVERVIEW&NO_HEADER=X&INITIATOR_ROLE=HRASRA

Please help me out by replying correct BROWSER_CONTEXT or any other setting by which 1-UP manager can see all his approved Forms (including Forms he initiated) in Process Overview Screen.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to do OADP config and use this as a setting on the iView for the 1-up to see in their role. But why does the 1-up care or need to see this? Their part is done. They have no bearing on the process after that. I can see if I initiated it, I want to know "where" the process is and if I am an admin, I want to know any and all processes out there, but not everyone involved should care. If anything, you can have workflow send notifications of the status as the item moves along in workflow, but I think having people see/view the status of ANY process they have "touched" would be a bit much.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for your response.

Actually we convinced the business (users) explaining the same thing as you said (a month back) and they were OK with it and requirement was closed (They are ok with in case of Manager -> 1-UP -> HR Admin processes).

But in case of Loosing Manager -> Receiving Manager -> 1-UP -> HR Admin, they are sure that they need Receiving Manager should see the status any time other than just a UWL task (approval).

I don’t wanted to confuse SDN experts with it so just asked solution for 1st case (which is simple to understand) Manager  -> 1UP -> HR but I really required in case of Loosing Manager -> Receiving Manager -> 1 UP -> HR.

Our business wants Receiving Manager to have access of forms (status) all the time in process over view which is initiated by loosing manager.

So now, with your suggestion (changing OADP settings) will it be possible to have Receiving manager access to forms of all status in Process Overview screen as manager and HR could see?

If yes, could you please throw more light on OADP settings and iView parameter config? As I could NOT see any iView parameter to set OADP settings (like self service iViews where we can give OADP settings names, I could not find any place to specify OADP settings in HCM Process Overview iView). Please help.

Thanks,

Pradeep

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have some options....you can use the Open Processes iView and use the OADP config to control it (it is in this help section too). Or a better one you might consider is the "Search Processes" iView.....it will allow search on Open and other statuses.....and it is also controllable with OADP config. More info....

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/48/da824f647a476c93e6e1677c95759d/frameset.htm

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again...

My question remains same still... when I do OADP config (modifying views/evaluation paths etc), where should I give this custom OADP settings in portal iView (there is no parameter in WD ABAP screens to set OADP configs).

Both the Open Processes and Search Processes are WD ABPAP iViews and has no paramter to give OADP configs.

Search Processes screen gives search option and when run wide open search, all the process document which are not be shown (not under 1-up's) will be shown... As per you, I believe this can be controlled by OADP but how to give those settings/config info to portal iViews?

Thanks,

Pradeep

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any thoughts???

Please help...

-Pradeep