cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Process & Form Start Process Close Button not Working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For initiating HCM process we have used ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE_FPM Application. When Manager selects any process for an employee and goes to the Start Process Step then there are 4 buttons Previous Next Close & Save As Draft. When the close button is pressed one pop up comes with message "Do you want to Discard Form Data?" with two buttons Ok and Cancel. If Ok button is pressed nothing happnes. The pop up remains on the page & the page is not closed.Can anyone give some light in that issue.

Regards,

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the standard MSS role or a custom one? Have you completed steps in SAP note 1048386? Especially the ones related to integrating the iViews in the role and enabling navigation? If you run HTTPWatch, does anything happen when you press on the button? There are several SAP notes regarding workprotect/draft/dirty handling in HCM P&F, maybe check them out if there are relevant to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your reply. The steps mentioned in the note has been followed. I had traced the same and found it is calling the method PERSIST_POBJ_AND_APPL_DATA in class CL_HRASR00_PROCESS_UTILITIES & then calling the WD HRASR00_PROCESS_EXECUTE_1. But noting happens. DO you have any idea on that ?

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide a HTTPWatch trace? It is important to know whether a navigation happens or not. If navigation happens but is wrong, meaning the target or parameters are wrong, it could be because of missconfiguration in the portal or backend. If no navigation happens, it is most likely either a missing backend configuration or a bug in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On pressing close button it is calling the Web Dynpro through http. But the pop up is not getting closed. Can you please let me know what configuration I have to check in Portal or Backend for the Close Button.

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

What release are you on? Are you using standard portal roles or custom ones? Is the P&F displayed in a separate window or in the portal content area? Regarding the Close button, see SAP note 1526176.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

We are using the below mentioned release

Comp               Release    Level

SAP_ABA           702        0009

SAP_BASIS        702        0009

EA-HR_MSS       1.0         0001.

We are using custom roles.

The P&F is displayed in the same screen of employee selection.

Is there any specific role or authorization for Close button.

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are using in-place portal navigation. Since you are using custom portal roles and you are not providing any details, I can only guess. In your release the Close button is being displayed, however it shouldn't as explained in SAP note 1526176. The Close button would either close the browser window which is something you do not want to happen or it is trying to navigate back to the area menu. For the former case I would simply hide the Close button by a WDA parameter. For the latter case I would ask your portal developer to make sure the area navigation works. You can always refer to the standard portal role to see how to setup the portal role.

Answers (0)