Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Performance management - Description data vanished

Chris_Thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

This morning I noticed that the Text descriptions for all of my templates has been lost. Every text description, standard and web layout is now blank where Friday they were all populated. ( I know this because i finalized the consistency check down to zero errors and warnings). I have two templates, one released, having documents created against it and the other not released. I'm a bit baffled as to how this could have happened.

Does anyone have any ideas or have you experienced the same scenario of data loss ? This makes me very nervous and is going to force me to download the template file much more often.

Thanks for your insight,

Chris Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please go to HRP1002 table and check whether the entries are there for your object type VA and related object ID.

If yes copy the TABNR field value and goto table HRT1002.

Generally, this type of description deletion issue is not experienced.

Please also make sure that the current logon language is the same as the language you've creates the texts.

Regards,

Dilek

Chris_Thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dilek,

Thanks for your help on this. Your suggestion led me to look at the tables and I discovered that our developer had a cleanup routine that was being used to clean up data converted as part of a conversion. It also snagged the description data that I loaded as well. Mystery solved ! Thanks

Answers (0)